tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XENON-RAMZ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
was anyone rejected from tufts yet???? or is everyone still waiting like me??

Members don't see this ad.

i'm not sure they've sent out rejections yet. i'm still waiting for an interview anyway. everytime i think about calling to check my status it is too late as their office is only open from like 9-12 eastern time or something like that.

Still waiting too. Ugh. :mad:
But called them and they said they are interviewing through April. Good luck!!!
-spin

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in January and am still waiting to hear, so I feel your pain.

I have a few friends there now, and I've heard from several of them that they didn't get their acceptances until the summertime - and not because they were taken off the waitlist, they just didn't hear until then. I think the school has a rep for sending out late acceptances....hopefully it's not true though!

I just got off the phone with Tufts.
They are still "REVIEWING " my application for an interview.

.....and the wait continues.

so they answered the phone in the afternoon?

That 9AM-12PM EST thing is so unfair for people on the west coast. I don't even wake up until 12PM EST!

When I interviewed on 2/11, they said they'd notify us in "early march"...and yes, they are interviewing until april 29th.

ARGH!!!...I just got this snail-mail letter from Tufts on Friday:

I am writing to let you know the current status of your application to Tufts University School of Medicine.

Our Committee on Admissions has recently reviewed your application but has not yet reached a decision on your candidacy. The Committee has instead opted to compare your application to the applications of other candidates who will be interviewed as the year progresses.

I will write to you as soon as the Committee has reached decision on your application. I cannot predict when the Committee wil reach a decision, nor what the outcome will be. The Committee will revisit your application each time it meets, and a decision could be reached at any time between now and the end of our interview season, which occurs by the middle of May.

Please bear with us as we try to compare and evaluate the credentials of tghe mahy highly qualified candidates in our interview pool. It is a long and painstaking process, and we make every effort to be thorough and fair.

I will write to you again as oon as there is a change in the status of your application.

they are there and answer the phone well into the afternoon.
When I called, it was 2pm ET, so I'm pretty sure their office hours aren't 9am-12pm

Does anyone know what portion of those in the "delayed decision" category typically get accepted? I got the same letter alluded to above in December and am still anxiously awaiting news.

Hi

Does anybody know if Tufts has already filled up their class? If I am granted an interview there, will it be for a spot on the waitlist?

Originally posted by blackbird03
Hi

Does anybody know if Tufts has already filled up their class? If I am granted an interview there, will it be for a spot on the waitlist?

Tufts accepts people directly until May then compiles an official waitlist. Many people usually get in off the waitlist. I know one classmate who interviewed May 1, was put on the waitlist 2 weeks later, and accepted 1.5 weeks after that! I was also taken off the waitlist in mid-July for Tufts. good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I found out today that the acceptance letters from Tufts apparently do not warrant signatures from the director and dean of admissions. How weird is that? I'm already in love with two other schools, so I'll be sending in the decline tomorrow. Hopefully they will be quick to share the love with you guys.

i also received an acceptance from tufts today. previously i got that letter saying that they hadnt done jack with my app yet. so it seems theyre finally starting to send people real decisions.

Hey! I called for a status check at 2:30, so they're def. open in the afternoon. I know the letter posted above is frustrating, but I do give them credit for mailing something out. I wish the other 10 schools i'm waiting to hear from would be as polite and send me something.

I received the same "delayed decision" letter in the mail yesterday. This is getting really frustrating!

member of the "no acceptance yet" club

Originally posted by Tremblez
So I found out today that the acceptance letters from Tufts apparently do not warrant signatures from the director and dean of admissions. How weird is that? I'm already in love with two other schools, so I'll be sending in the decline tomorrow. Hopefully they will be quick to share the love with you guys.

huh? well, I hope that is an aberration; my acceptance letter had the signatures from both, written in pen, no stamp. congrats on your acceptance and best of luck. BTW, Tufts sends a big stack of acceptance letters and official waitlist notices to candidates on hold and late interviewees after May 15, and lot of WL movement over the summer as well, so sit tight.

hi all, does anyone know if a delayed decision is a waitlist, or is it actually something else?

My interviewer had told me that he had a good feeling about me but of course made the disclaimer that he couldn't guarantee anything.

Originally posted by ckat
hi all, does anyone know if a delayed decision is a waitlist, or is it actually something else?

My interviewer had told me that he had a good feeling about me but of course made the disclaimer that he couldn't guarantee anything.

Since zer0el and myself just received acceptances, and both of us previously received "hold" letters, it really is something else. There is still hope of getting an acceptance when they finish interviewing.

did you or zer0el send in letters of interest or anything additional?

man i've been in the "no decision" category since december...anyone in the same boat? bleh

i interviewed in oct. or nov. (dont remember which month) and received the "no decision" letter about a month later. a group of people on SDN also got that same letter during that time period. we concluded that it was not a waitlist letter. so, i didnt bother sending in any additional material to tufts and just waited for a more concrete decision. couple months later they sent me the acceptance (march 3). good luck to those still waiting.

Originally posted by zer0el
i interviewed in oct. or nov. (dont remember which month) and received the "no decision" letter about a month later. a group of people on SDN also got that same letter during that time period. we concluded that it was not a waitlist letter. so, i didnt bother sending in any additional material to tufts and just waited for a more concrete decision. couple months later they sent me the acceptance (march 3). good luck to those still waiting.

same here

you mean people actually get off this mysterious hold!! !Then there is hope for me. But I still liked BU better...

I just interviewed in the beginning of February and just got a "hold" letter this week....hope there is hope for us "holders"

i called thursday and they said a letter was sent. could it be an interview or a rejection????

how did you hear about interviews???????

i think that they give interviews by snail mail too...that is what they said when i called them.

so do u think its an interview or rejection :p +pissed+

thanks nygirl6464 for your answer

i got a similar story from tufts. hopefully it's not a mass pre-interview rejection mailing!

man i've been in the "no decision" category since december...anyone in the same boat?
Many students at Tufts Medical came in off of the hold list. Tufts gets lots of withdrawls, so you may need to wait until April or May for a final decision.

For those wondering about the waiting time, I got my acceptance letter via snail mail about 3 weeks after my interview.

Cheers.