Tuition for Pharmacy School - Felony [MDOPP/Not Convicted]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dzialo

Transgentic Experiment.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN!

My name is Christopher, and I just got out of High School. And I am looking to Apply for Pharmacy School.

I have a 3.8 GPA, with 1st Year Uni Credits for Bio, Chem, Physics, and Calc I. I have even taken first year Organic Chem at my college with an A, and I was wondering.

Can take my PCAT and go straight to Pharmacy School, or would I need to get a 2 or 4 year degree? I was looking at some PCAT Tests, and they were very easy for me. There were a few Organic Chem questions that were hard, but I think they were Organic Chem II questions.

I don't want to take any more school then I have too. Haha. I was also wondering, how much is school?

I live in Micigan, around the Detroit Metro Area, and there is a Pharmacy School there, so I would like to go there. How much is the average cost PER YEAR?

------------------------------------------------

I also did some dumb prank in high school. I messed around with the schools severs, and some damages was done; around 10,000 dollars. All has been paid, and since of the cost, it was a felony. However, I was able to Plead "Guilty" but I wasn't convicted of any crime.

I do have some probation, and I was wondering, how this is going to affect me. They said the charged would be dismissed after I did a few more things, and it won't be on my record, and only my city will have records of the arrest, etc. The charge was MDOPP. Destruction of Private Property.

How do you think this will affect me? This wasn't violent, drug related, and I have never done anything else. It was done when I was 17, but I was charged as an adult. I asked about expunge, but they said they I had not record to expunge because of my plea bargain and the way it was worked out.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is the felony on your record or was it sealed and you were given probabtion and community service?

Is the felony on your record or was it sealed and you were given probation and community service?

The felony was dismissed.
All that is on my record is my arrest.

I was speaking with someone, and they said that I can get my arrest expunged.

But yes, I HAVE NO FELONY ON MY RECORD. The charge was dismissed, and all that I have is my arrest. I am able to answer no if I was ever convicted of a felony or something.

And I guess it's illegal to ask if someone has ever been arrested for a crime that did nor result in a conviction.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like you have a lot of AP credits under your belt, which is great. That's precisely the position I was in when I graduated high school, and I also had the mind set of "I don't want to take any more school then I have too."

First off, many pharmacy colleges require prerequisite classes that you haven't taken (some of which are non-science). For example, I had to take public speaking and economics. You don't need a "degree", but you need to have completed the prerequisites. Check the school's website for that info and info about tuition.

Also, from what I've heard from pharmacy students and people in the pharmacy career is that getting into pharmacy school is really competitive and acceptance without Bachelor's degree is getting increasingly difficult. You're going to have to try really hard to stand out to the admissions committee against applicants who have their degree and/or years of pharmacy volunteering/working experience.

Plus, are you 100% sure that pharmacy is right for you? As a high school senior I did, but for the first two years of college I was sure I wanted to get my M.D., but then after learning more about the careers and what I like, I switched back to pharmacy.

Sorry for the long ramble, but it's an important decision, and it's funny because I was in the exact same position when I graduated high school haha.

Best of Luck!! :)

Gotta love our judicial system.... I'd be pissed if someone did that crap to my school. I think a crime against the community should be harsh and should stay on their record. I'd say sorry to OP, but that's just how I feel. Damage to something that we as a community paid for is insulting. Boo :thumbdown:

Gotta love our judicial system.... I'd be pissed if someone did that crap to my school. I think a crime against the community should be harsh and should stay on their record. I'd say sorry to OP, but that's just how I feel. Damage to something that we as a community paid for is insulting. Boo :thumbdown:

I went to private school during my time in academia. The damage was paid for within a few hours, and repairs were made the next day.

I don't really care about any debate over ethics or personal morals about this situation. Just if this would affect employment or administration into Pharmacy School.

But if someone is fined and paid for the damage then how is the community paying for it? :rolleyes:

But if someone is fined and paid for the damage then how is the community paying for it? :rolleyes:

Indeed. No one was really affect but my wallet. Haha.

So if someone robs a bank at night and then returns it later cause they have been caught, that makes everything ok? Better yet, I break into your house and cause tons of damage and steal stuff, but am caught and replace everything. You think I should be let off without any permanent record?

Can you honestly tell me if you were a student at that school you would be ok with him just replacing everything and calling it even? You have obviously never had your home broken into, car stolen, or been a victim of any crime. Trust me, you'd feel differently

Needless to say, I dont have a response to your OP. You'll have to research that by calling schools.

I am sorry to say this, but you have no sympathy for others. This kid obviously is not a criminal and should have a second chance at going to Pharmacy school. Most people that throw comments like yours most likely had little to no social life when they were younger, or was picked on by the "cool" kids, or had parents who where Douche bags and they rubbed their douche baggy-ness onto you. So now those people like you have a very vindictive attitude towards others for the rest of their life because of a few bad experiences. Shame... First of all , this was just a prank, also this is a kid under the age of 18 , doesnt know any better but Im sure as hell that he knows the right thing to do now. Second, He didnt kill anyone, 3rd he didnt sell drugs.

I dont know how you have this type of attitude towards people, thank god your not a judge , lol. I have been robbed several times in my life, a couple even at gun point, and I still believe in second chances for those people, lol. I do not let past experiences and hatred cloud my overall judgement about other peoples well being. I do not believe that is a good trait for us humans to have.

On top of that, lets just say , for the sake of arguement, that what he did was "extremely bad" criminal behavior and the record was never expunged..... Now you have someone that could have went to pharmacy school and been a so called " good citizen" to society , that now is rejected for past behavior messing with "private property". What if he goes back to doing criminal activities because he cant go to pharmacy school and does something worse? like go on a psycho rampage against the world and pulls another virginia tech? You get my point?

So what your really trying to say is , please keep it in his record because he doesnt deserve to go to school to get an education to better himself ? If this country was built on your personality then this country would have twice as many crimes as it does now.

Sorry for the ramble, but I had to put my unnecessary two cents in.

I am sorry to say this, but you have no sympathy for others. This kid obviously is not a criminal and should have a second chance at going to Pharmacy school. Most people that throw comments like yours most likely had little to no social life when they were younger, or was picked on by the "cool" kids, or had parents who where Douche bags and they rubbed their douche baggy-ness onto you. So now those people like you have a very vindictive attitude towards others for the rest of their life because of a few bad experiences. Shame... First of all , this was just a prank, also this is a kid under the age of 18 , doesnt know any better but Im sure as hell that he knows the right thing to do now. Second, He didnt kill anyone, 3rd he didnt sell drugs.

I dont know how you have this type of attitude towards people, thank god your not a judge , lol. I have been robbed several times in my life, a couple even at gun point, and I still believe in second chances for those people, lol. I do not let past experiences and hatred cloud my overall judgement about other peoples well being. I do not believe that is a good trait for us humans to have.

On top of that, lets just say , for the sake of arguement, that what he did was "extremely bad" criminal behavior and the record was never expunged..... Now you have someone that could have went to pharmacy school and been a so called " good citizen" to society , that now is rejected for past behavior messing with "private property". What if he goes back to doing criminal activities because he cant go to pharmacy school and does something worse? like go on a psycho rampage against the world and pulls another virginia tech? You get my point?

So what your really trying to say is , please keep it in his record because he doesnt deserve to go to school to get an education to better himself ? If this country was built on your personality then this country would have twice as many crimes as it does now.

Thank you, Jahrizzone. I know that I could have made better judgmental, but again, I did not hurt anyone, I paid back all the damages, I said I was sorry, and I won't let this happen again. I am not an out of control teen or a criminal by any means.
It's not like I was selling drugs or promoting illgeal activity.

I would just like to further my education, that would allow me to become a person that can interact and help others.

Contrary to your idiotic post, No i was not someone that got picked on. I had a ton of friends, and yes I got into trouble. I played baseball and was on track 2 years before tearing my ACL. But doing something criminal like doing what he did was very immature and should go on his record. yeah your post was definitely rambling, which would lead me to believe you probably got picked on in high school.

Notice how i said it should be on his record, BUT i didn't say it should prevent him from being a pharmacist. YOU chose to imply that I said that and i didn't. Short of committing a drug related crime or a violent felony, and maybe a few other crimes, I dont think that should prevent someone from getting into pharmacy school.

And did you really say "douche baggy-ness"? how pathetic are you that you have to make up ridiculous words like that. Grow up.

Last edited:
Thank you, Jahrizzone. I know that I could have made better judgmental, but again, I did not hurt anyone, I paid back all the damages, I said I was sorry, and I won't let this happen again. I am not an out of control teen or a criminal by any means.

It's not like I was selling drugs or promoting illgeal activity.​

I would just like to further my education, that would allow me to become a person that can interact and help others.​

And once again, in response to you, I never said you should not be allowed into pharmacy school so I dont really know where "douche baggy" guy got that from. I think you should try and hopefully get into pharmacy school, but doing the wrong thing and it being on your record is part of being a grown up.

Damn, your school is strict for punishing you.

On my senior prank day, I went around tossing paintball grenades(resulted in school needing new paint jobs).

Lmao.

I was never found convicted, and my arrests were sealed, so it's not like I have a record at all, I just found out. The only thing I had to do was pay back my damages with my friend, and I have 18 months Felony Probation as alternative punishment.

So I really don't care. XD Of course, I won't do something like this again. Lol.

Lmao.

I was never found convicted, and my arrests were sealed, so it's not like I have a record at all, I just found out. The only thing I had to do was pay back my damages with my friend, and I have 18 months Felony Probation as alternative punishment.

So I really don't care. XD Of course, I won't do something like this again. Lol.

If you pled guilty like you said in your first post then you don't get "found convicted" because there is no trial. Watch some law and order and then think about attending an english class. Geez.

If you pled guilty like you said in your first post then you don't get "found convicted" because there is no trial. Watch some law and order and then think about attending an english class. Geez.

Oh, no.
All that was correct.

I plead guilty, and as a return, I would not be convinced.
That's why I said that.

I think what happened was that he got into a plea bargain where if he didn't go to trial and just admit that he did it, that they would reduce the charge to something smaller like a misdemeanor or something.

When I got a speeding ticket for doing 83 mph in a 55 mph zone, it had an appearance date already on it. So, I checked off not guilty, went there that day and they told me that they would reduce the penalty from 6 points down(30+ over the limit) to a 2 point ticket(non-speeding violation, such as "failure to yield") if I plead guilty. Took the offer and went on my way.

I think what happened was that he got into a plea bargain where if he didn't go to trial and just admit that he did it, that they would reduce the charge to something smaller like a misdemeanor or something.

When I got a speeding ticket for doing 83 mph in a 55 mph zone, it had an appearance date already on it. So, I checked off not guilty, went there that day and they told me that they would reduce the penalty from 6 points down(30+ over the limit) to a 2 point ticket(non-speeding violation, such as "failure to yield") if I plead guilty. Took the offer and went on my way.

Yes, I had to help my school, though.
And I had like 3 months of probation of the summer break.