1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

tuition money opportunities

Discussion in 'Underrepresented in Healthcare' started by solar3000, Dec 3, 2008.

1. solar3000

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    hi, I am about to start taking pre-med classes at my college. I already have a bachelors in psychology. I don't qualify for any more grants and so I was wondering if there are any types of grants/ scholarships or whatever you call it to help pay for my pre-med classes...any ideas?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. solar3000

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    wow, so I guess there aren't any opportunities? :thumbdown:

4. DoctaJay

DoctaJay bone breaker
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    As for as I know, there are no specific pre-med grants or scholarships. The same criteria that a school would use to give you a scholarship if you were an english major is thes same they would give you to for your pre-med classes. They best you can do usually is do some summer research which usually pays about $4,000, but besides that its pretty dry out there for pemeds.

5. njbmd

njbmd Guest
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This may not be your "cup of tea" but work in any capacity for a university and qualify for free tuition. I was able to completely earn a second bachelor's degree for free by working for a university. Most have some type of tuition benefits for university employees (as do university hospitals).

There are loads of clerks, custodians, nursing assistants and pharmacy techs at my university hospital who are earning degrees for free with their tuition benefits. It's hard to work and go to school at the same time but most seem to be doing well in these tough times of securing loan money.

6. shmrshines

shmrshines nerd in hot girl clothing
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

qft.

7. samuraiR

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hmm
    sorry, didnt realize how old this thread was, ignore this lol