tulane acceptance range

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

met19

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the tulane accpetance range list has begun to move?

best of luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

yes, it has. both samoa and hawaiian bruin got in from the acceptance range i believe. it is not a typical waitlist. if you want a shot, i think you should send lots of updates, letters of interest/intent, and keep making contact with pisano. there are tons of people on it and it's supposedly not ranked, so you need to make yourself stand out somehow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Indeed, Samoa and myself both were taken from the acceptance range pool. Mine was on 5/6, hers was 5/13, which might lead me to believe they meet on Tuesdays.

Anyway, I think that sending in updates and new info is important there. If you haven't already and Tulane is your first choice, send in a letter of intent (ASAP!). Even if it isn't, send in a letter of interest. Talk about the things you admired about the program, like the MD/MPH, Charity Hospital, great clinical opportunities, rural and community medicine exposure, various interest groups, very friendly students & faculty, etc. I also sent in a new LOR and new grades, and e-mailed other updates to Dr. Pisano.

Best of luck!

I think that a lot of people send in these types of letters. For me...I sent in a letter letting them know that tulane was the place to be and tried to convince them that i am a perfect fit for them and they are the perfect fit for me. I don't know if that is what helped me get in but when i called pisano...he knew who i was and what schools i got accepted in and all that good stuff even though i didn't tell him who i was...so apparently he does read these letters.

any of you guys who are waitlisted think about visiting pisano?

I thought about it, and then I got in before I could make any solid plans to do so.

Rumor has it that the e-mail address for the admissions office goes directly to Dr. Pisano. So I e-mailed all of my updates as attachments.

I have been looking at all the info they gave us for orientation and stuff and tulane sounds like an awesome place to be! I can't wait to meet you guys!

I too was notified on a Tuesday that I had been accepted (May 20th)....can't wait to go!:clap:

I withdrew today, should get there by Wednesday - one more spot for you guys on the waitlist! Best of luck!