Tulane ACP vs. Georgetown SMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poloace

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
don't know which one to try to go for next year. from what i've seen, the tulane program souns a little unorganized... and the georgetown one has been around for longer. i also don't know how successful the tulane program is in getting their applicants into tulane, or other schools. they cite numbers, but nothing tangible. anyone else unsure about these programs??

p

Members don't see this ad.

I know a person who has been successful in the Tulane ACP and will be starting Tulane med school in the fall. For the program, he completed gross anatomy and the other T1 classes last fall so he does not have to retake the classes. So since he completed the first semester (fall) classes of a T1 already, he will really begin med school in the spring 2004.

He completed the Tulane ACP last December and found out that he was accepted at Tulane. He has been working on his MPH since January and will complete his MPH by this December. In addition to his MPH work in the fall, he will also be an assistant in the gross anatomy lab. THen in the spring, he will join his med class to finish his T1 year.

So, here is an example that there is an advantage of completing Tulane's ACP. While you wait to start med school, you are able to complete a MPH if you are interested in public health practice.
I honestly do not know anyone who has attended Georgetown's program. I just wanted to share an experience of a person who has successfully completed the Tulane's ACP and was accepted to med school. OH and my friend really recommends this ACP for those who have been on the waiting list.

bump that.

and if you dont know, now you know, jigga.