Tulane ACP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

warriorpoet85

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else apply to Tulane's ACP program? I was just curious...I am pretty excited about the opportunity to attend this program if I get the opportunity. Anyone else apply?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else apply to Tulane's ACP program? I was just curious...I am pretty excited about the opportunity to attend this program if I get the opportunity. Anyone else apply?

I applied a couple of months ago. It looks like a great program I am just worried about how much Tulane's medical school tuition is. $45,000 a year seems insane

I did the program last semester, and will be a first year student this Fall. It is a great opportunity if you want to be admitted to Tulane. If you do well, you have a guaranteed spot. You can not beat that deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
That sounds awesome vsherrel. I don't know if you would be willing to tell me, but what were your scores? I am just wondering what sort of scores I need to get into this program. Also, where were you waitlisted last year that allowed you to apply for this program?

Congrats on getting accepted to Tulane in the Fall! That sounds like an awesome deal. You don't have to retake those three courses either, correct?

I've also applied.
I'm currently doing the Tulane Genetics Masters Program.

We're supposed to hear back by May 9th.
Woohoo!

I've also applied.
I'm currently doing the Tulane Genetics Masters Program.

We're supposed to hear back by May 9th.
Woohoo!

I applied to the genetics program last month, do you have any advice on the program or anything you wished you knew before you did it. Thanks!

I applied also. I'm anxiously waiting a response. Hope we all get in!

So I thought previous ACP's started in the fall but the current website say the program starts in June. Is this a new change or did I read something incorrectly?

The schedule is all new this year. They spread it out so its not so intense.

The schedule is all new this year. They spread it out so its not so intense.

It just seems like oos will be scrambling to find a place if they find out in may and have to start in june

forget the acp and genetics masters lol. get a neuroscience masters and make sure you take neuropharmacology with dr.taylor.. you'll be golden.. and neuroscience was fun.

forget the acp and genetics masters lol. get a neuroscience masters and make sure you take neuropharmacology with dr.taylor.. you'll be golden.. and neuroscience was fun.

hah I applied to that one too

it rocks and was much easier than others I've heard. I liked it because I got to take a variety of classes. some at the med school some uptown and some in the school of public health. if you have any ? feel free to shoot me a pm

Members don't see this ad :)
So, what I don't understand is that if the ACP is supposed to involve taking classes with the MSI's then why do classes for the ACP start in June? Don't the first years start in like July or August?

Or are the classes not with the medical students like the program advertises?

So, what I don't understand is that if the ACP is supposed to involve taking classes with the MSI's then why do classes for the ACP start in June? Don't the first years start in like July or August?

Or are the classes not with the medical students like the program advertises?

well if you look at the anatomy website there is another summer program for histology for med students or post-grads to improve their education. I'm kind of wondering if we are going to be involved with that. From my understanding ACP are taking histology in the summer and anatomy in the fall. I imagine anatomy in the fall would be with medical students but I'm not sure

Do any other allopathic medical schools have similar programs?

EVMS has the most similar program. You take classes with the med students and then almost everyone in the program matriculates into EVMS.

RFU also has a program that´s pretty close

Georgetown, Tufts, and Drexel have programs that are similar in that you take the same classes as the med students (mostly), but most of the program graduates don´t go to the medical school that hosted the program. They instead use their hopefully high grades in medical school courses to get them into other medical school. Those programs all have very high matriculation rates to medical school.

There are over a dozen more. Search the postbac forum if you´re interested.

I applied to Tulane's ACP. The number of people in this thread who've applied kind of makes me nervous. There are only about 20-ish spots, right?

Yes, I heard back and got in, but had to decline because I also got into Wake Forest earlier that week!

Yes, I heard back and got in, but had to decline because I also got into Wake Forest earlier that week!

Congrats! I also got into ACP but haven't heard anything from my waitlist school. Hopefully, I can share the same luck with you. Regardless, I feel very blessed to get in Tulane ACP. :)

Thanks Alan and Wylde. I wish you both the best in this (incredibly daunting) process!