***Tulane C/O 2008***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
?

Im sure that at least half of those accepted so far will in fact never attend tulane, but as it stands it would still be prudent to treat it as the end all be all and begin talking about some relevant stuff.

First off tulane estimates 55K a year is neccessary to attend. Stafford is capped at 38.5K, so the rest i guess is private loans. Does anyone know the intrest rates common to stafford and other med loan programs?

Are many of you planning to borrow it all or do you have other sources, parents or whatever?

Where to live? I would like to have some roomies if i could. The on campus housing sucks. Deming. And its not that cheap either.
I think 540 for a TINY studio app without utilities.
670 for a one bedroom without utils.

I was told about a place called the Saulet that is beautiful from what i can see. Its 1500ish for a 3 bedroom about 5 minutes from campus. Right in the bottom right of the crecent of new orleans. Sounds like a deal for having a real kitchen ect....

So CONGRATS...but now what? I think Im goin to drive over in a month to check it out. Id love to meet anyone who is reasonably sure they are going there (barring an aceptance to Harvard) who is in the area.

Keith

Members don't see this ad.

Just so you people know, housing in the NO is very reasonable. I have friends living uptown that pay 375/month with utils included. If you go to Tulane, consider living uptown (near the undergrad campus) and catching the 10 minute free shuttle ride right to the med center every morning. Yeah, it's a commute, but everything will be a commute unless you live in Deming. Plus, the student rec center, coffee shops, etc are all uptown and it's a much nicer place to live.

Just some thoughts...

The interest rate for the stafford is something like 2.85 or something....basically free money.

Most students that I know do what greenwave spoke of...live uptown which is prob. what I am going to do

Members don't see this ad :)
Hightrump I agree with you Deming is a rip... It was funny because even Pisano ripped on Deming during our orientation and basically told us not to live there.

I was under the impression that the financial department still figures out how and where you need to borrow all the money. Is this not the case? Do they only figure out the stafford part and then leave you up to your own devices for the rest?

Most of you guys who got accepted early won't go there, except edp people, cuz you'll get better offers from better schools later on in the year.

ummm... Nope
I'm going to Tulane.
Oh, not edp.

hey guys, i know other people asked this question on other threads, but i was just curious as well. how long was the wait b/t your completed secondary to an interview invite? (if you don't mind me asking). i was complete with tulane about 6 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. i'm not sure if they have a status check on the web, i tried looking but couldn't find one. thanks for your help and CONGRATS to all that got in! peace.

How long we had to wait will not be comparable with how long you will. We turned our stuff in very early and there was no line to have it reviewed. By having sent it in 6 weeks ago you are going to be in a line to have it reviewed, so who knows. They were busy doing this first round of acceptances so you can expect them do get cranking on secondaries soon.

that intrest rate is AMAZING, to bad another 15-20 / year will not be stafford....

yep, that's when it hurts...
I'm doing military medicine so I hopefully won't have to take out much more than stafford.