Tulane Masters of Pharmacology (SMP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted949909

Hi all, was just admitted into the Tulane Masters of Pharmacology program and accepted the offer. Wanted to see if anyone else on here is going to be in the program this fall and if any former students had advice. Also, advice about places to live in New Orleans is welcome. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all, was just admitted into the Tulane Masters of Pharmacology program and accepted the offer. Wanted to see if anyone else on here is going to be in the program this fall and if any former students had advice. Also, advice about places to live in New Orleans is welcome. Thanks!

I'm in the process of applying to this program...would you mind sharing your stats for reference? I've been looking for others recently accepted but had no luck yet!

I'm in the process of applying to this program...would you mind sharing your stats for reference? I've been looking for others recently accepted but had no luck yet!
Yeah absolutely. I’m a bit of anomaly, though. 3.1 cGPA 2.8 sGPA. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah absolutely. I’m a bit of anomaly, though. 3.1 cGPA 2.8 sGPA. Played College football. Feel free to PM me if you want.
Okay, cool and thanks for sharing. Did you apply with the required MCAT of 500? I was retaking mine on 4/4 but it was canceled due to COVID-19 isolations...not sure if I'll get to reschedule in time for the July application deadline. I did try and PM but it wouldn't allow me to for some reason.

Okay, cool and thanks for sharing. Did you apply with the required MCAT of 500? I was retaking mine on 4/4 but it was canceled due to COVID-19 isolations...not sure if I'll get to reschedule in time for the July application deadline. I did try and PM but it wouldn't allow me to for some reason.
I did not, I took the GRE. I plan on taking the MCAT for the first time this summer if possible. If I were you I would get in contact with someone at Tulane and explain that you may not have a standardized test on your application because of the virus. From the few encounters i had with the administrators there everyone was super nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not, I took the GRE. I plan on taking the MCAT for the first time this summer if possible. If I were you I would get in contact with someone at Tulane and explain that you may not have a standardized test on your application because of the virus. From the few encounters i had with the administrators there everyone was super nice.
Hi! I am looking to contact someone about some questions I have about this program, do you have a contact email that you can provide? I couldnt find anything on the website! Also are you pre-med or pre dental?

Hi! I am looking to contact someone about some questions I have about this program, do you have a contact email that you can provide? I couldnt find anything on the website! Also are you pre-med or pre dental?
Hi yeah, contact Debbie Sanders. She is really nice and will help you out. [email protected]

Reactions: 1 users

Just got accepted and I'm trying to decide between the Pharmacology and Medical Genetics and Genomics program. Either way, can't wait to move to NOLA and get back to school.

Reactions: 2 users
Have heard good things about this program. Avoid the French Quarter at all costs.

Just got my acceptance and have to make a decision between two programs.

I got into Pharmacology and the Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Programs and am trying to decide. It seems like Biochem has better outcomes and I think it interests me more, but I think maybe it's newer and it wants me to take the Step for it?
How are you finding alumni to talk to about it?

Regardless, so excited to go to New Orleans!

I got into Pharmacology and the Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Programs and am trying to decide. It seems like Biochem has better outcomes and I think it interests me more, but I think maybe it's newer and it wants me to take the Step for it?
How are you finding alumni to talk to about it?

Regardless, so excited to go to New Orleans!
Interesting, did not know that about Biochem. As for me, I chose pharmacology based off the recommendation of a family friend who did the program, got into med school and just finished his first year of derm residency. I think if you do really well in any of the programs listed it won’t make a difference. If you can’t decide, just choose the one that interests you the most! Best of luck on your decision :)