• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Tulane MPH and MSPH 2018

Daydreamer23

Feb 6, 2018
    Hi all, I will be starting the MSPH in Tropical Medicine program at Tulane this Fall and I wanted to create a space for incoming MPH and MSPH students. So feel free to ask questions, ask for advice, talk about classes you're registered for, research positions, housing, New Orleans and more!

Last edited:
    Reactions: 1 users

drevolution

2+ Year Member
    Feb 9, 2018
    Earth
      Hi Daydreamer23! :)

I am an International student and I will be joining the MPH Epidemiology program, but I have deferred to Spring 2019.

Any other incoming students and especially new comers to New Orleans, do respond to this thread!

Reactions: 1 user

Nameless MD

2+ Year Member
      Jun 7, 2017
        Hello. Thanks for the thread. I'm an MPH hopeful at Tulane. I just took the GRE: 159V, 157Q. Yet to get AWA score. I'd like to know if there are criteria for waiving TOEFL at Tulane; some schools do this. Also, what semester do you think is the best to apply for and what are the deadlines.

About the Ads

drevolution

2+ Year Member
        Feb 9, 2018
        Earth
          Hello. Thanks for the thread. I'm an MPH hopeful at Tulane. I just took the GRE: 159V, 157Q. Yet to get AWA score. I'd like to know if there are criteria for waiving TOEFL at Tulane; some schools do this. Also, what semester do you think is the best to apply for and what are the deadlines.

It says on the website that English language requirement will be waived if UG degree is from a US accredited university. Admission Requirements | School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
          I suggest you to email admissions and tell about your background and ask if you are eligible for a waiver.

Daydreamer23

Feb 6, 2018

Hi!! Did you get your writing score back yet? Also, your quantitative and verbal scores are really good. Mine were much lower and i still got in. What concentration are you applying to? I applied in February since they have rolling admissions. But if you want to get notice early, then you should apply in the Fall :)

Nameless MD

2+ Year Member
            Jun 7, 2017
              Hi!! Did you get your writing score back yet? Also, your quantitative and verbal scores are really good. Mine were much lower and i still got in. What concentration are you applying to? I applied in February since they have rolling admissions. But if you want to get notice early, then you should apply in the Fall :)
              Thanks for the reply. Still yet to get my writing score back. I'm still a little undecided between Health education and promotion and health policy and management, but I'm leaning more towards Health education. Pls what are funding opportunities there like at Tulane for MPH

Daydreamer23

Feb 6, 2018
                Thanks for the reply. Still yet to get my writing score back. I'm still a little undecided between Health education and promotion and health policy and management, but I'm leaning more towards Health education. Pls what are funding opportunities there like at Tulane for MPH

Oh okay! And i didnt get very much funding from them so im pretty much relying on FAFSA and im also going to try to get a research or teaching assistant position.

About the Ads
                This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.