Tulane or GWU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orange1587

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to decide between Tulane for Global MCH and GWU for Global Health. I've been accepted to both programs, and wanted some opinions on each. I'm currently learning towards Tulane because it's closer to home (I'm from Texas) and I like the dual concentration. However, the fact that GWU is in DC is also very appealing.

If anyone has any advice for me, that would be great! Also, any info on housing for each school would be appreciated as well!

Thanks =)

Members don't see this ad.

I faced the same choice exactly and went with GW. Partly because of OCOL and partly because of DC, but mostly because I think I'd have better opportunities at GW.

I think that if being close to home to you is important that you should go with Tulane. Their dual/concentration program was also appealing to me, but I didnt apply there mainly because its so far from home. Family is important to me and I wanted to be close to them.

Additionally, DC is a great city. I completed my undergrad in DC, but New Orleans is an awesome city as well. You may have more research opportunities in DC because of the NIH and other research organizations, but I know that Tulane has good global opportunities if that's your interest.

Hope this helps. :)

I did not have the opportunity to visit GWU. I did get to see Tulane and thought their international programs were strong. They are very well connected abroad and there reputation is highly regarded internationally.