Tulane phone interview/GW supplemental app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buckeyephan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I just submitted my SOPHAS last week and already got an email from the HSM department at Tulane to schedule a 30 min. conversation on the phone. The website for HSM says that they do phone interviews with all candidates. Can anyone help me out and tell me what kind of questions or conversation to expect?

Also, does anyone know how much time GW will allow between submission of SOPHAS and receiving the supplemental app? I am having a hard time with that supplement too because it asks for two essays:
1) Describe the experiences that have shaped your interest in public health.
2) How do you propose to use your training and education from GW once you graduate?

I thought this is why you write a personal statement! I wish I could just tell them to read my statement again. Hard to come up with something fresh. Does anyone know if it pisses them off to hear that I'm planning on going to med school right after MPH but that I really do plan to use the knowledge down the road in the future?

Anyways, any help or input would be much appreciated. Thanks student doctors

Members don't see this ad.

Answer to your GW question : 2 weeks! Yea.... I was struggling with those questions as well. You just have to.....expand a little. Maybe add some specific details.

GW--Yeah, I kinda just reworded my personal statement, added a few details and maybe generalized a couple other things.