Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jayhawk16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone planning on enrolling at Tulane SPH&TM this fall semester? I will be enrolling in the MPH in epidemiology program and wanted to see if anyone else on this forum will be at Tulane this fall.

Members don't see this ad.

I will be there! I was accepted in the MPH Epidemiology program as well & though I haven't formally accepted the offer, I plan to do so as soon as I get my letter (they told me over the phone). I am very excited about being there in the fall.

I will be there! I was accepted in the MPH Epidemiology program as well & though I haven't formally accepted the offer, I plan to do so as soon as I get my letter (they told me over the phone). I am very excited about being there in the fall.

Congrats! I'm mailing in my formal acceptance paperwork tomorrow. I went to the open house last weekend and really enjoyed it. I'll see you in August!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still debating.

BUT. I called the financial aid office today, and Donna said that the awards should be out within the next week or two (which is cutting it close for other schools' April 15th decision, though I know Tulane doesn't have a deadline).

Yeah man I am heading there for MPH and Tropical Medicine--just got accepted last week. I'm excited actually-am hearing a lot of things about New Orleans, and obviously it is darn expensive to attend there.

Anybody who have done tropical medicine at Tulane, I welcome their insights.

hi there! I am in a dilemma and wish all of you can help me out. I have applied to Tulane School of Public health for MPH and Tropical medicine course and right now awaiting a decision from the review committee. Also I have been granted admission to Eastern Kentucky University for MPH in Environmental Health Science program. Can someone please tell me which out of the two would be a better choice to go ahead with as I am having a hard time to make up my mind. Also I would be interested to know the career and job prospects w.r.t these two programs. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

hi there! I am in a dilemma and wish all of you can help me out. I have applied to Tulane School of Public health for MPH and Tropical medicine course and right now awaiting a decision from the review committee. Also I have been granted admission to Eastern Kentucky University for MPH in Environmental Health Science program. Can someone please tell me which out of the two would be a better choice to go ahead with as I am having a hard time to make up my mind. Also I would be interested to know the career and job prospects w.r.t these two programs. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

It depends largely upon which institution fits your interests. However, Tulane has more recognition when it comes to public health (and especially tropical medicine).

hello I have also applied in tulane and I will be going to tulane in spring 2012..I just wanted to find out if anyone is there who will be joining ma there this spring...plz reply..if anyone is also cming to tulane

It really depends on what you are looking to get out of the program and research experience, as well as your preferences about the location and school size. Tulane has a much bigger name, but I would choose based on the program requirements, research projects that align with your interests and career intentions, and finances