Tulane Secondary (how do we know if we have to resubmit)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BerkeleyMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
seeing as how i have not heard anything from tulane yet, how do we know if we are in that group that needs to resubmit our secondaries??

they cashed my check before katrina hit, but some people resubmitted their stuff anyways...

i did a search for that tulane thread and could not find it.. anyone have some advice on what to do??

Members don't see this ad.

I was reading their admissions website last week, because I was in the same boat. It says that anyone that submitted after 8/15/05 should re-submit. It just happened that I had mailed mine on 8/15, and they had cashed my check on 8/19/05. I accidentally tossed my back-up copy of my secondary pre-Katrina, so I did my best to re-create my pre-katrina app. I mailed the following:
-AMCAS copy
-Secondary
-Copy of my cleared check
-Cover letter explaining when I had submitted/some other stuff
-Sent a note to my pre-med secretary to re-send my LOR

If you go to the Tulane SOM admissions website you'll be able to find the new mailing address. Admissions is operating out of Gretna (across the river from NO)

And just incase you're wondering: the SOM is conducting interviews at Baylor and will remain there for the rest of the year. Currently Tulane Medical Center is undergoing massive repairs as it was the most damaged building at Tulane, as it is located downtown and was majorly flooded, although some researchers have returned. The uptown campus (main campus) remained relatively unscathed and is re-opening in January for the spring semester. All the info is on the SOM website

LJDHC05 said:
I was reading their admissions website last week, because I was in the same boat. It says that anyone that submitted after 8/15/05 should re-submit. It just happened that I had mailed mine on 8/15, and they had cashed my check on 8/19/05. I accidentally tossed my back-up copy of my secondary pre-Katrina, so I did my best to re-create my pre-katrina app. I mailed the following:
-AMCAS copy
-Secondary
-Copy of my cleared check
-Cover letter explaining when I had submitted/some other stuff
-Sent a note to my pre-med secretary to re-send my LOR

If you go to the Tulane SOM admissions website you'll be able to find the new mailing address. Admissions is operating out of Gretna (across the river from NO)

And just incase you're wondering: the SOM is conducting interviews at Baylor and will remain there for the rest of the year. Currently Tulane Medical Center is undergoing massive repairs as it was the most damaged building at Tulane, as it is located downtown and was majorly flooded, although some researchers have returned. The uptown campus (main campus) remained relatively unscathed and is re-opening in January for the spring semester. All the info is on the SOM website

thanks!!

that was the info I was loooking for. i just resubmitted it today.