tulane secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psipsina

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for question 11., "List any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held during your college years", I have nothing to put there. As a married student with many other extracuriculars and research, I never participated in any clubs. Should I just leave blank, or write n/a or explain that I wasn't in any clubs or what? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I wasn't in any clubs either but I put leadership positions I held in a research lab and in leadership oriented jobs. I think those should count under "organizations", no? Do you have anything that you did that was in a leadership capacity??

If not, I would say you could write a short (1 sentence) explanation - just my opinion though.

:luck:

I was a manager of a retail store in high school, and I'm a "closer" at the resteraunt I work at which is a leadership position, is this the kind of thing I could put there??

Members don't see this ad :)
You're a leader in your marriage. Hell, you're one of the co-founders...

psipsina said:
I was a manager of a retail store in high school, and I'm a "closer" at the resteraunt I work at which is a leadership position, is this the kind of thing I could put there??

I put down the same thing last year since I am a non-trad as well. I interviewed there so it must have worked. Good luck!

I have a question: When they say List, do they really mean a bulleted list of stuff youve done or do they want some explaination????

psipsina said:

Those sound like fine and you could just add a few words about how they were leadership - like "supervised x number of people", "trained people on x", etc.

i have another question about tulane's secondary application. for the question where it asks you to list your hobbies, interests, etc. how detailed are your responses? are you guys really putting things, as the secondary suggested, like 'collecting coins' or are you leaving it to more general things like 'reading fictional novels'? also, how many hobbies did you all list? thanks.