Tulane Start Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBravesgirl

Surgeon for a year
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i remember some people (particularly those on the waitlist) wanted to know when tulane started up this year. i called the admissions office this morning (trying to finalize summer plans), and they said that everything would begin on aug. 8. good luck!:)

Members don't see this ad.

This is WAY TOO EARLY!!!! AAAAAaaargggghhhhhhH!!!!!

when are you guys moving to nawlins? r u planning to live in demming?

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely not demming... this is all that I know so far... I have heard way too many bad things about it and want to live near the uptown campus. About when, I have no clue... Weren't you starting early johnstoner?

yeah I'm going to start earlier...i'm in the process of finding a sublet for the summer...that way i can have 2 months (while taking classes) to look for a nice place around uptown campus.

I think theres going to be like a list of people who will be looking for a place and can contact each other through the summer to look for a good place together- that way housing is cheaper and you can get to know fellow med students.

STAY AWAY FROM DEMING...it's a nice enough place and all, but it's very sterile, and very freshman-dorm like. plus, it's RIGHT across the street from the med school...you're definitely going to want to live uptown (or if you choose, the suburbs) so you can at least get away from the school environment.
as for finding places, it's not hard at all to find a decent apt here in new orleans. like any city, there are some spots that are great, and some that you want to avoid like the plague..the only problem is, they tend to intermingle (i.e. one block of a certain street is really nice, but go a few blocks down on the same street, and you're in the middle of the ghetto), so i'd totally recommend coming down here and seeing places for yourself. finding a sublet shouldn't be that difficult..i'd recommend going to www.bestofneworleans.com or www.nolalive.com and searching the classifieds, within the uptown/university area. once you're down here, i'd suggest continuing to look in the ads, and also contacting latter and blum (www.latterandblum.com). they're really good about finding you a place that meets your specifications. if you guys have any questions, feel free to pm me.