Tulane - still waiting...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gipper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been waiting for over 4 weeks now and was told this morning that my file still hasn't been reviewed...

Anyone else hanging out on the line?

Members don't see this ad.

Been waiting for over 4 weeks now and was told this morning that my file still hasn't been reviewed...

Do you mean pre-interview?
Because I haven't heard from them, either.
I'm probably at about 5-6 weeks now.

Try e-mailing Dr. Beckman or others that you had interviewed with. Even though they did not get to your file yet, being persistent will show your sincerity to the board. When your file comes up for review, guess what, they'll remember your genuine gesture.

Members don't see this ad :)
It has been over 4 weeks post-interview...Thanks for the suggestion. I will send off an email today.

Yup me too, in the same boat. Heh..gipper we interviewed at all the same places!! Good luck on MSU next month.. =)

I waited about 4 weeks post interview and then received my stupid letter..."acceptance range". Now I get to wait longer!!! :smuggrin:

It has been over 4 weeks post-interview...Thanks for the suggestion. I will send off an email today.

it has been approximately 4-weeks post interview for me as well....i have also been seriously thinking about sending dr. beckman an email, but i have been trying to be patient since she told me during my interview that they are under-staffed right now. i feel you...i think i might send her an email by the end of the week if my mailbox is still empty. she is typically quick to reply, so let us know if you hear anything! good luck! :)

I just blasted off an email to Dr. Beckman. I will keep you all posted. Hopefully, she will be able to provide some insight into just how backed up the process might be...

Just FYI, anyone who's under review during Mardi Gras will probably experience a delay of a week or two in getting their decision letter.

Once you've been in New Orleans for a while, you forget that the rest of the country doesn't shut down for Mardi Gras.

Once you've been in New Orleans for a while, you forget that the rest of the country doesn't shut down for Mardi Gras.

It doesn't . . . what do they do, go to work drunk????? :confused:

(jk for those with faulty sarcasm detectors)

Just FYI, anyone who's under review during Mardi Gras will probably experience a delay of a week or two in getting their decision letter.

good point....i know that, too (i'm from LA, celebrated MG all my life, and live in Nola now)....but i think i let my impatience get the best of me ;) i'll wait to hear dr. b's response to gipper....

Anyone else hanging out on the line?

They are really bogged down right now with admissions BS. They've had issues all year and are continuing to have problems. I've heard that they've yet to even look at most apps submitted after October. As far as post-interview, you just have to be patient. My app was reviewed on the 4th tuesday after my interview date.

I am officially beyond the 4th Tuesday since my interview...Will call again tomorrow to see if I can pull any information out of the "woman who answers the phone". No word from Dr. B yet but it was late in the day CST when I sent the email...perhaps tomorrow AM.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am officially beyond the 4th Tuesday since my interview...Will call again tomorrow to see if I can pull any information out of the "woman who answers the phone". No word from Dr. B yet but it was late in the day CST when I sent the email...perhaps tomorrow AM.

That woman is probably Susanna Vargas...just a random FYI haha

Ms. Vargas told me that my application was likely reviewed on Tuesday but that a decision has not yet been entered into their computer system...I will call *again* next Tuesday.

well, i got the courage to call with like 15 minutes until 2 pm....

...they sent my letter on february 23rd. it was sent to my parent's address which is 2 hours away from new orleans. no letter received. but i just found out from my mom on monday that the guy at the post office told her that someone else had recently been receiving our mail....

...so i tell the lady my story and that i haven't received anything yet. so, she congratulates me and tells me i've been accepted!!!! hurray!!!! they told me to give it another week, but if i still don't get a letter that they can re-send it or fax it to me. i'm tempted to just walk over tomorrow and pick it up (i work right down the road...)

*releases big sigh of relief!!!!*

I've been complete for months, but I haven't heard anything form Tulane. Do they usually send all their pre-interview rejections at the same time?
Is Tulane still offering interview invites?

Edit: Congrats to jennifermov!

Congrats Jmov! I saw your post in the thread. Is this your top choice? If so, it looks like we're going to be classmates. Apparently im also buying everyone a round of drinks

Congrats jennifermov! Perhaps I will be a little bit more creative with my phonecall on Tuesday...My dog ate my mail?

Answers people...that's all we're looking for...

Congrats Jmov! I saw your post in the thread. Is this your top choice? If so, it looks like we're going to be classmates. Apparently im also buying everyone a round of drinks

thanks! i'll reply in the C/O 2011 thread...too many tulane threads open right now!! :)

Congrats jennifermov! Perhaps I will be a little bit more creative with my phonecall on Tuesday...My dog ate my mail?

Answers people...that's all we're looking for...

hahaha...in the back of my mind, i was thinking that maybe the woman just took pity on me and that's why she told me....or maybe it was just a horrible joke...

...but then my mom called me a few hours later...turns out my letter arrived! crisis averted.

at least you know that the committee met on you on tuesday....that's better than still waiting for them to meet. just to give you my time frame (because i know we all love to know everyone else's details so that we can anticipate our own fate), i interviewed on wed, jan 31st, my acceptance letter was dated on feb 23rd, but it was not mailed until feb 26th (apparently it takes 3 days for tulane to drive mail to the post office, which is 4 blocks down the road....), and it was received in lafayette (2 hours away) on march 1st. hope that helps you gauge how much longer you have to wait!!! good luck :luck: and keep us posted!

Well...I am trying not to get my hopes up...Susan Vargas said that the committee *might* have reviewed my application on Tuesday...hmmm.

I interviewed on January 29th so looks like the timeline would be accurate. My letter would have to travel a lot further so I will keep looking for it...

Just wondering if anyone has felt any movement on the Tulane waitlist. I called today to see if I could find out where on the waitlist I may be waiting and the woman (not Susan Vargas) said that the waitlist is not ranked...then added at least not until late May-ish.

Will be interested to hear about any movement...or information about how they handle the waitlist (on-going review or periodic review after May 15th?)...

Just wondering if anyone has felt any movement on the Tulane waitlist. I called today to see if I could find out where on the waitlist I may be waiting and the woman (not Susan Vargas) said that the waitlist is not ranked...then added at least not until late May-ish.

Will be interested to hear about any movement...or information about how they handle the waitlist (on-going review or periodic review after May 15th?)...

i don't know anything about waitlist movement, etc. i do know they accepted something like 310 (roughly) applicants to fill a class of 155-175 (sorry, i don't remember exact numbers).

i think it is good news for you that the waitlist isn't ranked....that means you still have time to make an impact. is it your number one choice? if so, then you should be proactive and start showing your eternal love for tulane......don't know if you'll definitely get in, but hey...it couldn't hurt....

good luck!