Tulane's secondary -- can we submit it yet, even thought hey haven't told us about it

juiceman311

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2005
Status
Fairly confused here -- Tulane's secondary is available on their website, but I have yet to receive an email from them inviting me to it. That said, can I still submit it to them, or will that weird them out?

narc

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
Status
juiceman311 said:
Fairly confused here -- Tulane's secondary is available on their website, but I have yet to receive an email from them inviting me to it. That said, can I still submit it to them, or will that weird them out?

I did. My answer is why not? The worst that could happen is you waste a few stamps and a few sheets of paper.

DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I sent it as soon I was verified.

About the Ads

chaeymaey

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
TX
prettydoc.blogspot.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
You can go ahead and send it. They don't send email. Just a snail mail letter 1-2 months after you're verified. I sent mine pretty quickly after I finished the AMCAS last year.

MSTP?

10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status
I submitted every available secondary as soon as I could after I submitted AMCAS and before verification. For some schools invite emails that I later received, they said to please fill out the secondary if I have not already done so. This early stuff only bit once where they updated their server and lost everything submitted before July 1st - easily fixed though since I already had the essays needed written.

C.P. Jones

Catface Majigger
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2005
Status
i was just in the middle of my tulane app when i realized i didn't put them on my amcas primary....oh well, not adding them now....and i realized i sent my primary to wayne state, and didn't tell my committee, so i just did that

OP
J

juiceman311

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2005
Status
Another question -- where they ask about your most meaningful volunteer experience, do you think it would be acceptable for me to say that my time as a clinical research associate was my most meaningful clinical experience? It was a for a class, so I only got course credit, not money..but it wasn't voluntary. Although, the course itself made me unable to take a course I needed for graduation, and so my courseload this fall sucks because of it -- i took the clinical research class for the experience.

Looque

Bob Loblaw
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2006
Hyde Park, Chicago
Status
Medical Student
juiceman311 said:
Another question -- where they ask about your most meaningful volunteer experience, do you think it would be acceptable for me to say that my time as a clinical research associate was my most meaningful clinical experience? It was a for a class, so I only got course credit, not money..but it wasn't voluntary. Although, the course itself made me unable to take a course I needed for graduation, and so my courseload this fall sucks because of it -- i took the clinical research class for the experience.
I have the feeling that they're shooting for something more service-oriented, but you can enter whatever you feel is best.

About the Ads