Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Tulane's secondary -- can we submit it yet, even thought hey haven't told us about it

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by juiceman311, Jul 31, 2006.

1. juiceman311

juiceman311 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Fairly confused here -- Tulane's secondary is available on their website, but I have yet to receive an email from them inviting me to it. That said, can I still submit it to them, or will that weird them out?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. narc

2+ Year Member

I did. My answer is why not? The worst that could happen is you waste a few stamps and a few sheets of paper.

4. DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I sent it as soon I was verified.

5. chaeymaey

chaeymaey 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    You can go ahead and send it. They don't send email. Just a snail mail letter 1-2 months after you're verified. I sent mine pretty quickly after I finished the AMCAS last year.

6. MSTP?

MSTP? Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

I submitted every available secondary as soon as I could after I submitted AMCAS and before verification. For some schools invite emails that I later received, they said to please fill out the secondary if I have not already done so. This early stuff only bit once where they updated their server and lost everything submitted before July 1st - easily fixed though since I already had the essays needed written.

7. juiceman311

5+ Year Member

Okay sounds solid. Thanks.

8. C.P. Jones

C.P. Jones Catface Majigger
    7+ Year Member

i was just in the middle of my tulane app when i realized i didn't put them on my amcas primary....oh well, not adding them now....and i realized i sent my primary to wayne state, and didn't tell my committee, so i just did that

9. juiceman311

5+ Year Member

Another question -- where they ask about your most meaningful volunteer experience, do you think it would be acceptable for me to say that my time as a clinical research associate was my most meaningful clinical experience? It was a for a class, so I only got course credit, not money..but it wasn't voluntary. Although, the course itself made me unable to take a course I needed for graduation, and so my courseload this fall sucks because of it -- i took the clinical research class for the experience.

10. Looque

Looque Bob Loblaw
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I have the feeling that they're shooting for something more service-oriented, but you can enter whatever you feel is best.