Turning down an acceptance

soondds

Dec 23, 2012
  1. Pre-Dental
    I was given an acceptance in December and sent in my deposit by the due date, and replied to a email to inform them I would be attending in August. Later in January I was also given acceptance to my first choice school and instantly accepted that offer as well. What is the protocol to decline my offer at the first school. Should I email or call them to let them know I don't want my spot any longer? What exactly do I say to them? I want to give up my spot as soon as possible to give someone else a chance, but I am just unsure the correct way to go about it. Thanks!

aznboi89x

7+ Year Member
    Dec 19, 2010
    Texas
    1. Dentist
      call or email saying: I want to thank you for the wonderful opportunity but I respectfully decline this offer. Thank you

u dont need to be nervous about it since u paid them the deposit; which they were happy to take away from you....

Upperbyte

5+ Year Member
      Nov 26, 2012
      1. Dental Student
        I was given an acceptance in December and sent in my deposit by the due date, and replied to a email to inform them I would be attending in August. Later in January I was also given acceptance to my first choice school and instantly accepted that offer as well. What is the protocol to decline my offer at the first school. Should I email or call them to let them know I don't want my spot any longer? What exactly do I say to them? I want to give up my spot as soon as possible to give someone else a chance, but I am just unsure the correct way to go about it. Thanks!
        Sooooo, is that new spot going to be one at UNE?

About the Ads

drill-and-fill

10+ Year Member
        Navy
        Jun 3, 2011
        1. Dentist
          call or email saying: I want to thank you for the wonderful opportunity but I respectfully decline this offer. Thank you

u dont need to be nervous about it since u paid them the deposit; which they were happy to take away from you....

Cornell dental school... nice :laugh:

But yea, just tell the school that you're grateful for their offer but you've decided to attend another school... they get notices like that every year so I'm pretty sure they won't be offended.

Member902507

5+ Year Member
          Apr 25, 2012
          1. Pre-Dental
            R u declining UNe? Noticed u didn't post on waitlist poll

Didn't vote on the poll because I'd rather have a final count, and then post all at once. I declined UNE's acceptance offer 3 weeks ago, I think. They accepted me on Jan 10th, and I declined a week after so they could send it out to someone else!

Just declined ASDOH's acceptance right now.

colefaok

Feb 9, 2013
            1. MD/PhD Student
              me too, interesting that this was the "latest" post on SDN, because I'm writing an email to decline an acceptance right now! thanks
              2.gif

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.