Turtleboard's Removal ????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
L

Leotigers

"I no longer post at SDN, and have removed all of my posts, due to my reluctance to contribute to SDN, and to this board, until your privilges as a moderator have been revoked. As I stated before, I have found your use of this board to be abusive, unprofessional, and unbecoming of a SDN moderator.

It is apparent you did not learn anything from our previous conversations, so I have taken it upon myself to forward a letter outlining my grievances to the moderator of this board, the administration, and the founder of SDN."

I have been a member here for awhile and am quite familiar with many of the members here.

I think the removal of Tim as a moderator would be a mistake. He has been one of the most helpful members on this forum. He has engaged in some jabs but only with willing participants. None of the jokes were personal.

Although he is an allopathic medical student and I am an osteopathic medical student, we agree on many issues regarding medicine. Even the ones that we disagree on, I feel his comments have always been based on informed and intelligent conclusions.

He surfs these forums daily and has provided helpful and useful information to all pre-MDs and pre-DOs. I have also noticed that he has provided useful information to dental, optometry, and podiatry students. Often he is the only one responding to fields in which their own members have not provided answers.

I have also seem him properly moderate some inflammatory comments on the Allopathic forum. I think the fact that so many DOs, DMDs, and MDs ask him for his advice is a testimony to his usefulness on this forum. 99.999% of the members realize that his jokes are just that. His jabs are never personal or vulgar.

I do not see any reason to remove him as a moderator. Especially since all his jokes were made in the pre-dental section where he is not even a moderator. His posts have been exemplary on all the other topics. Even his posts in the pre-dental (which he is not a moderator) have been helpful. There are some threads that were meant not meant to be taken seriously. There were dentists taking shots at him too. In any event, it was understood by all members that it was all in fun and they never invaded a serious thread. The fact that there continues to be serious questions on the pre-dental section is further testimony that the members there understand his respect for the dental profession.

I would be sorely disappointed if the SDN CEOs removed Tim. I think this action would be extreme and an insult to him. His devotion to all the members here is remarkable. He should be thanked rather than removed.

Your decisions are entirely up to you but this would affect my opinion and the utility of this site if you insulted one of your members in this way. To remove him is to say that you do not understand that he has been very instrumental to the success of this site. This would also say that you do not understand that his comments were innocent and his respect for all fields are genuine.

Even if you disagree with his posts on the pre-dental forum, they weren't made on the forum he moderates (Allopathic). You don't need to respond since this is a private issue, but I just wanted you to know that he has my support.

Thank you for your time.

- Leotigers, MS IV (TUCOM)

Members don't see this ad.

I had no idea about turtleboard's possible removal. I completely agree with Leotigers. Turtleboard has been essential in many people's understanding of various topics. He is very knowledgable in many aspects of health delivery occupations. It would be a very sad loss to see someone of such caliber removed from SDN. Please do not remove him.

DON'T REMOVE TURTLEBOARD.

His post are extremely informative and the SDN boards would really suck without him. I have read his post on the dental section, and found it amusing. As a future osteopathic doctor, i would work with him any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

DocTNT
COMP 2005

Members don't see this ad :)
Removing tim of turtleboard fame would be a grievous insult to all of us who use this board as a relaxing, enjoyable way to find out more about where we're going. He has proven himself time and again a very knowledgeable, generous person and any so-called "disciplinary action" taken against him is absurd. The man has opinions; so what?

I invite the initial complainant to enter this dialogue and state his/her objections... I'm baffled where and how and why this has even occurred.

Tim, I've got a good friend joining you at downstate next year and have used you as an example of the kind of intelligence and sensitivity he'll probably encounter. Though we've never communicated I've always enjoyed your postings, even if I sometimes wonder when exactly you find the time to study!

Tim used to be unreasonably patronizing prior to his becoming a moderator. Too bad, I'll miss the insecure little guy.

Leotigers,

Hey, I read your post and was wondering what the hell the deal was? I went into the pre-dent forum and tried to find out where turtleboard's posts were made and if there was a specific post that offended anyone! There are tons of people that say things that may offend someone but basically, who the hell cares. I love reading the posts where people get under other's skin. I think it is amuzing and good that people can voice their opinions. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. If we're gonna kick anyone out lets get rid of Liquidtension (just kidding Liquid). But for real, aren't we all adults and this whole censor thing going a little too far? I was just wondering if I could see the post that seemed so offending to the dental students, or was that thread removed? When I was in the pre-dent forum, I saw that there was a thread removed that the moderator thought was too personal, whatever that means. So, if you get this then feel free to tell me what post it was that caused the uproar and the removal of turtleboard.
Tiffany

I hope I didn't offend anyone...I would like to continue posting. Liquid, I was just kidding big guy!

Turtleboard has been an source of insightful information to many posting on this board. His removal would not only be, disappointing, but a true loss.

Patrick, D.O., PGY1