TUSM Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why is this thread dead? Anyone else wondering this?

Haha...I think it will pick up around May 15th as a lot of stones fall into their final places. I bet there are plenty of people holding multiple acceptances or on the waitlist.

I am going to Tufts for a second look to help me make final decisions. I will be there May 5th during the day and was wondering if anyone wants to meet up in the evening...get to know potential classmates or just have a beer in a Boston pub? I am flying out from California so I'd rather make the most of my time.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm planning on going up for a 2nd look too, but haven't picked a date yet. I'll be driving from Philly so its no biggie. Did you set something up for the second look with the admissions office?

I'm planning on going up for a 2nd look too, but haven't picked a date yet. I'll be driving from Philly so its no biggie. Did you set something up for the second look with the admissions office?

I emailed them and they responded back that my email had been forwarded to some volunteer medical students, but they haven't gotten back to me yea. I also just sent the email yesterday so its only been a very short time.

I am also planning to sit down with someone from fin aid to ask some questions about loans and such.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm personally still waiting on this info before making my final decision (and actively participating on this thread).

:xf: for it to not look as bad as I assume it will!

I am also waiting on financial aid packets to make my final call. But if Tufts treats me well financially, you guys better watch out because I'm going to be posting all over this place. An unstoppable force of postiness!

I don't have much hope of getting any but the regular financial 'love' from Tufts. But we'll see I guess.

That's my "hope" too. I'm pretty scared to get financial aid packages because Tufts is definitely my first choice, but if I get a bunch of $ from my other school, I'm afraid it would be just ridiculously irresponsible to go to Tufts.

I am going to Tufts for a second look to help me make final decisions. I will be there May 5th during the day and was wondering if anyone wants to meet up in the evening...get to know potential classmates or just have a beer in a Boston pub? I am flying out from California so I'd rather make the most of my time.

Siverhideo ... I'd be willing to grab a beer with you. Send me a message and maybe we can work something out.

Haha...I think it will pick up around May 15th as a lot of stones fall into their final places. I bet there are plenty of people holding multiple acceptances or on the waitlist.

I'll meet you and Casca in the city May 5th, keep me posted.

I just got my financial aid award, scary stuff...

I got mine yesterday via snail mail.

I called them just now and they said the latest they send them out is on Friday...since I live on the Westcoast it'll probably take until the end of next week to get to me...lol, a week before a decision is due...I guess that's good enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them just now and they said the latest they send them out is on Friday...since I live on the Westcoast it'll probably take until the end of next week to get to me...lol, a week before a decision is due...I guess that's good enough.

That is a close to May 15th, but I'm sure you have a gut feeling already. Hopefully, the financial aid will only serve to confirm you choice!

That is a close to May 15th, but I'm sure you have a gut feeling already. Hopefully, the financial aid will only serve to confirm you choice!

I do have a gut feeling...a favorable fin aid package would make the whole thing alot easier though...but, I have little hope for anything but loans.

If you call the office they will email you a copy, if it is ready. That's what I just did. They said it went out in snail mail today. I can't say its a good feeling winning the opportunity to take out buckets and buckets of federal loans, but c'est la vie.

If you call the office they will email you a copy, if it is ready. That's what I just did. They said it went out in snail mail today. I can't say its a good feeling winning the opportunity to take out buckets and buckets of federal loans, but c'est la vie.

Good to know. They said I hadn't been awarded anything yet...I guess having two parents live in two different countries, neither paying taxes in the U.S., doesn't make the whole process any easier for them, haha

Just got my financial aid package...damn...

Great Brookline Apt with 4 roommates, 1-2 roommates will be leaving this summer. Openings in Aug 1st. 450 for smaller room, 550 for larger room, (there might be an increase though slightly at time of new lease in august, either way the BEST DEAL in brookline). First month + deposit due up front and util aver about 130 a month depending on the time of year (more in the winter).

This is a great location with 3 parks right outside in quiet Brookline. Easy access to campus since it is 3 min walk to either B or C Green line. Parking available in private lots nearby for extra. Both of us have cars in a lot 1 block away.

2 blocks to coolidge corner so you can get to everything you need food, banking, etc right on foot.

Current roommates will be 2 4th yr med students. Apt has tons of living space, huge kitchen, and a nice deck with electric grill for the summer. I've lived here all 4 years and love the price and location. And of course we have all the toys: Cable TV, fast internet, wireless laser printer, xbox, and rockband, of course.

Please email to inquire more and you can stop by and take a look.

Here is a link to 13 pics of the place.... http://picasaweb.google.com/craignapolitano/AptPics?authkey=Gv1sRgCIn96J2U0--1lQE&feat=directlink

Thanks
Craig
[email protected]

Hey guys,

after much and long deliberation, weighing options, and sleepless nights I have withdrawn from my spot at Tufts. I am attending a school that I loved just as much, if not a tad bit more, and with a more reasonable pricetag.

best of luck to you all. Tufts is a great place, I know whoever ends up going there will have an awesome time.

cheers!

This thread needs to be revived or I'm pronouncing it D.O.A.

Hey guys,
I'm a waitlister on Tufts who is hoping for a lot of movement, my current acceptance is even more expensive than Tufts (out of state, if you can believe that), and therefore I'm down to praying for either Tufts or my state school - Tufts is definitely a great option, though, I lived in Boston for two years and liked it (the only thing forbidding me from saying loved it is cost of living as a student, haha)

I lived one year in Brighton, with one bus line to campus and one year in Somerville, walking distance from campus, and I definitely found walking to be much easier than taking the bus or T, and I've lived in snow my whole life, so I'm totally cool with that (except for black ice) - if I do get into Tufts I'd be looking for places walking distance to school -how long would such options be available?

I'm looking for a couple of roommates, looking for housing either in the Metropolitan or somewhere close to campus.

A friend and I have a place near the Stony Brook T stop in Jamaica Plain and we're looking for a 3rd roommate. We want someone who is clean, not loud or a major partygoer (unless it is outside of the condo) and respects other people's stuff. It'll be about $800-850/month (utilities included) and you would only need to furnish the bedroom. PM me if interested.

I finally decided that Tufts was the best school for me, regardless of cost...And I'm really happy about it!
I just signed a lease on a 3 bedroom in Cambridge with easy access to the T and I'm looking for roommates. The rent would be ~900/month +utilities. The lease starts July 15th and goes through May 31st although if you're not planning to be in Boston til later, but you're interested, I'd still love to talk and see if we can work something out.
Important note: I have a dog. She's an elderly mini poodle, a total character. PM me if you're interested.

Anyone out there still on the active consideration list? I'm on pins and needles deciding between 2 other acceptances and yet waiting for Tufts to let me know. Definitely my first choice. Anyone on AC list heard anything since May 15th?

I just withdrew from Tufts. Good luck to those of you still waiting.

Hi, I'm new here. Tufts is really expensive but it's the only school I got into. I guess this fact might force me into the most money making specialty possible.

Holy crap Tufts is giving me scholarship money! :):):) I am going there for sure now!

so it is the middle of July and still no happy phone call for me - to anybody who's been through this, what are the chances of me coming off the waitlist this late in the game? Also, theoretically, how would you go about looking for housing this late? I lived in Boston for 2 years but am not local now, and would not be able to go to Boston in person till I move there (if it happened for me). Thanks.

Maybe live with friends until you find your own place? Hotels are another idea but that might be too expensive