Tutor in New York City?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

an aspiring doctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me to an MCAT tutor in New York City. I have reached out to several services but they all request about a $100 an hour which is pricy for me. Are there any MCAT tutors that are reasonable on their prices? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

http://thinkmcat.com

Scott is an MD/PhD who teaches mcat classes and you pay as you go 30 bucks per class. He also has his own mcat books which are like 30 bucks each. A friend of mine took him and did great and I also heard many good things from others. My experience, I will be taking the mcat soon and I took some of his classes. I think for bio, orgo, and chem he's great. His strongest is bio many people had gotten 13, 14s with him. Overall he goes really fast so you have to record his lectures so I personally didn't like him for physics. His style for teaching, he teaches you how to think critically and how the mcat likes to ask simple concepts, but most of the work is on you, he only guides. So I don't know what type of learner you are. Good luck.

http://thinkmcat.com

Scott is an MD/PhD who teaches mcat classes and you pay as you go 30 bucks per class. He also has his own mcat books which are like 30 bucks each. A friend of mine took him and did great and I also heard many good things from others. My experience, I will be taking the mcat soon and I took some of his classes. I think for bio, orgo, and chem he's great. His strongest is bio many people had gotten 13, 14s with him. Overall he goes really fast so you have to record his lectures so I personally didn't like him for physics. His style for teaching, he teaches you how to think critically and how the mcat likes to ask simple concepts, but most of the work is on you, he only guides. So I don't know what type of learner you are. Good luck.

I am taking Scott now too and I have been studying for a few weeks now. His audio and his bio book is incredible. He does use Berkeley Review as a supplement for Physics so I wouldn't rely as much on his lectures for that.
I actually think he's really good with organic and general chemistry as well.
Yes he only guides you, I made the mistake during the first few lessons assuming that is all I needed. He helps you make a study plan to follow and I have my exam in 2 months and I'm following his schedule.
From what I have heard, most of his students do very well on the MCAT.