Two Clinics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyesarecool

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious if any of y'all have any experience with owning two clinics at the same time, a low-income clinic (with lower prices) and a regular clinic.

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody has owned or worked in more than one clinic at a time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why would you want two clinics? What's the advantage?

For price differences. Having a "charity" clinic and a regular "clinic."

There would be no advantage realized unless one clinic is in a designated MSA eligible for bonus payments; even with this the "bonus" payments would be insufficient to offset the costs incurred.

In short, practicioners do not participate in certain environments or geographic locales for economic reasons.

I was just curious if any of y'all have any experience with owning two clinics at the same time, a low-income clinic (with lower prices) and a regular clinic.

You should just open a chain of practices stuffed with NPs, PAs, and whatever the hell else midlevel wants your job !!

You should just open a chain of practices stuffed with NPs, PAs, and whatever the hell else midlevel wants your job !!

I know an IM doctor who does that - one in a very rich neighborhood and one in a very very poor neighborhood. The poor area he rents out space to an audiologist and a pediatrician. He spends his actual time riding his donor bike or flying his helicopter. In the poor area most of the patients are on medicaid - so they have GREAT pharm prescription coverage, and you can make up in volume for sure. The rich neighborhood people often have to carry such high deductibles to offset the price of their Mercedes and million dollar home that they hesitate going to the doctor because the first 2 grand is out of pocket. Medicaid pays everything start to finish - and while it may pay less per visit, people are ready to come in January 1st because they have NO deductible (and usually no copay)

I know an IM doctor who does that - one in a very rich neighborhood and one in a very very poor neighborhood. The poor area he rents out space to an audiologist and a pediatrician. He spends his actual time riding his donor bike or flying his helicopter. In the poor area most of the patients are on medicaid - so they have GREAT pharm prescription coverage, and you can make up in volume for sure. The rich neighborhood people often have to carry such high deductibles to offset the price of their Mercedes and million dollar home that they hesitate going to the doctor because the first 2 grand is out of pocket. Medicaid pays everything start to finish - and while it may pay less per visit, people are ready to come in January 1st because they have NO deductible (and usually no copay)

Yeah, I really wasn't even being sarcastic about it. I'm sure there are factors over my head, insurance, etc ... but it seems doable.

Today I was kind of outlining the idea of two seperate but perhaps side by side clinics:
1) a Chiro-Plus clinic : the focus is musculoskeletal pain. I would serve the function of prescribing short courses of pain meds or providing trigger point injections into muscles, and also doing examinations of personal injury patients for the purpose of legal documentation for potential courtroom appearances. The day to day treatment is provided by a chiropractor.
2) Anti-aging clinic following the protocols of the A4M in regards to diet, lifestyle and HRT for the aging male. I would be the medical director here and most of the services would be cash.

Plus there is a first-assist certification program, that for a FP resident is simply a cakewalk - I would do this and try to get on with an OB I like to first assist in c-sections one day a week just because I really like doing c-sections but do not want to have the primary responsibility of doing the c-sections.

So Mon-Wed-Friday full day managing an A4M type clinic located next door to a Chiro-plus clinic. I would spend the majority of the time in the A4M clinic, and make stops over to the Chiro clinic as needed to write prescription or do an exam. Thursdays go and do c-sections.

TODAY this seems like what I want to do. Tomorrow maybe something else will seem like a great idea...

Anyone else change their mind now and then?