Two F(s)...is it finished?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

villapreston

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a foreign B.A degree with a 3.34GPA after evaluation by WES. I decided to pursue another Bachelors degree here in the US in Computer Science while concurrently taking med school prerequisites. I have been doing well until i made a stupid decision this past spring to take 18hrs while working 12hrs shift Sat-Monday. I took Chem 1 (C) , University Physics 1(Calc based) F, Calculus 2 (F),Computer science(D), and Discrete Math(C). I have never failed in my life before. I know i can retake the Phys, Calc and Comp science for replacement grade but since my GPA this semester is less than 2.o, i have been placed on academic probation and it will be on my academic record the school says. At this point i feel like jettisoning the computers science pursuit and concentrate on my prerequisites. Caribbean med schools have already told me they will take my foreign bachelors; i should complete the prerequsites and take the MCAT. But do i even stand any chance with the two F(s) and annotation of academic probation for the spring of 2015 on my transcript?Current GPA after the hit is 2.9.I still have chem II,Biology II, Organic Chem and Physics to take.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah computer science isn't for you if you're struggling in introductory science courses, and no one cares what Caribbean schools say.

Having Fs is bad, but you can recover from it by pretty much getting an A in all remaining courses (hopefully bumping your GPA/sGPA to somewhat around 3.5-3.6). That academic probation will hurt you though in the future, but you need to show medical schools you can handle the workload, and with a 3.34 GPA from a foreign school, it's not exactly looking good.