Two Front Teeth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njcaldwell

Mr. Banana-Grabber
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just to update any one who cares, plus I am bored at work atm....

I got in a cycling crash on Friday evening and have a huge fat lip and destroyed both front teeth. I look like narly hockey player. I have to get fake teeth and a root canal. Any have similar experinces?

Oh yah.... glad it happened after most of my interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

lol, I opened this this thread thinking "all I want for christmas is..." but I was wrong (unless that is all you want for christmas?)

Ouch man, sorry to hear that and hope your operations go OK. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
That sucks!! I had a root canal last year because my gum had an infection. It was relatively painless, but sucked nonetheless.

Ungh... Poor guy.

when i was in high school i bought my friend a ticket to a rock show and on the last song he got knocked down and fell right on his teeth, broke the front two. Not sure what he had to do (don't think they did a root canal) but he got a brand new pair and honestly it's very difficult to tell the difference, if not impossible. Sorry bout the accident but you'll be fixed up good as new =)

oww...doesn't sound fun but...hopefully you'll be good as new.

Cycling is pretty painful when you fall lol.

i had a cycling accident too... a motorcycling accident.
for awhile i was married to a GSX-R 750, unfortunately we had a divorce.

neckbrace.jpg

scar.jpg

lol ur missing 2 front teeth?

i'm missing an entire spleen, and 15% of a pancreas.

i did the exact same thing when i was 13, except i fell UP the stairs. the bad part is having the veneers put on, the good part is that your two front teeth will always be v. white (no matter how much coffee you drink)! :D

I lost a couple teeth playing hockey in highschool. This is from a dirt-bike crash though, only a month and a half ago.

9arm1.jpg

5arm2.jpg

4arm3.jpg

I got in a cycling crash on Friday evening and have a huge fat lip and destroyed both front teeth. I look like narly hockey player. I have to get fake teeth and a root canal. Any have similar experinces?

I chipped one of my fronts bad, later had a root canal and cap put ont it. **** happens. There are much worse things in life. After a couple of months, you will forget it is even in there. I am sorry to hear about it though, I can relate.

wow oh my goodness...
that sucks about the teeth.
and about the spleen
and about the pancreas.
ahhh

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah, I can add another $1000 to this medical school application time in my life...

SO much money......

Sorry about the teeth. At least you're okay. I got a cap on my front tooth and it doesn't match the color of my other teeth. :( Thankfully, you can't tell unless I smile really wide. I hope yours turns out better.

Wow. No, but I can give you some advice: go to the dentist then leave without paying, they'll never ask you for money.

Once I passed out and sprained my wrist and that's about the worst I've been injured.

I lost a couple teeth playing hockey in highschool. This is from a dirt-bike crash though, only a month and a half ago.

9arm1.jpg

5arm2.jpg

4arm3.jpg

Oh my F*ing god!

fist fight with my older brother, and I knocked out his two front teeth. He had to get fake teeth. Every time I see him now, and he smiles at me, I feel like crap.

Searun

wow, this thread is pretty hardcore. The 20 stitches that i had to get when i split my head open during a skiing accident seem like a walk in the park compared to some of the pictures here. Good lord... :eek:

lol, I opened this this thread thinking "all I want for christmas is..." but I was wrong (unless that is all you want for christmas?)

small world. :)

Oh, man! The perils of living in this town, eh?

Tell me the cause of the crash wasn't a frosh going the wrong way in the bike circles. We're 3 months in and I *still* catch them doing that!

Actually, it was...

A small asian american girl in a pink jacket was meandering out in front of me and swirved in front.... lost traction on nailed the curb.

A friend of mine was running to a building to hand in an assignment. And he stopped when he came to the door. He lightly braced himself against the door, but he had slowed down before then dramatically, so really there was no reason at all for the door to do what it did -- which was shatter, completely, spraying glass everywhere. He walked through, kind of dazed, with cuts on the pulpy part of all 10 fingers. Handed in the assignment, called a friend who rushed him to the hospital.

Required 38 stiches.

I bet he could've died from the blood loss, too. (What a way to go: running through a door... but seriously, to hear him tell the story, he more like walked through....)

Typing was really hard for ages.

Would you give two front teeth for an acceptance to the school of your dreams? J/K. I'm sorry about that man, hope you make a speedy recovery.

Actually, it was...

A small asian american girl in a pink jacket was meandering out in front of me and swirved in front.... lost traction on nailed the curb.

Oh man. Worst biff I ever had on my bike was the time I was sailing down the bike path, past the Borders and toward the tunnel under the railroad tracks. At the last second, I saw that there were a pair of joggers coming toward me, taking up the entire tunnel. They did not yield. I swerved, clipped my handlebars on the edge of the tunnel, and went flying. The joggers didn't even stop to see if I was okay.

Oh, or there was the time that I biffed in front of Safeway (because I was being an idiot and trying to bike home with a 12-pack of coke in my hand). I went sprawling on the curb right in front of a parked fire truck, whereupon about a half-dozen helpful firemen ran out to see if I was all right, and collect my groceries, which were rolling out of their now torn bags. One of them even ran into the Safeway to get new bags for my stuff. They were so nice, but man, that was embarrassing.

Hope you get your teeth fixed swiftly and painlessly as possible! :)

I fell on a big knife (I led with my knee...not, like, my head). Required 16 stitches. Not nearly as cool as the pics above or the glass-shattering story, but my freak accident made for a really cool scar.

The pain and blood loss would definitely be worth going through again if it meant that I could go to my dream school.