Two programs at once...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zdlamkin8195

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My main goal is to get into dental school, but as things are looking I will not be able to apply this year (I lack a pre-req) and therefore will have atleast a year out after I graduate from undergrad. Since I am very interested in working in public health, I am applying to UAMS' MPH program and was wondering if I would be able to work on a MS at UALR at the same time since UAMS offers most of its classes at night? Or would this just be too much work for what its worth? I'm not affraid of a hard study load, and I should be graduating with a 3.7 GPA (biology major\psychology minor), but I don't want my grades or learning to suffer towards either degree.....Just wanting some input....thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Upon first glance, it seems as though you are more interested in collecting degrees, and won't you have to pay a lot of tuition if you pursue both? You mentioned your interest in public health, but why are you interested in the MS?

As far as coursework goes, most of the MPH classes are at night to accomodate people with careers, but the combined effort for studying for MPH and MS classes seems to be more than it may be worth. Plus, if your MS is in bio, you may be in the lab for a lot of time too. I would be a little hesitant about doing both programs, but you may know more about these programs than I do. Good luck!