two questions- residency list and withdrawing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neo3777

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys

i am accepting to PCOM today for class of 2010! I was wondering how I could get access to the list of residencies of pats PCOM graduates just to ge tan idea of where PCOM does residencies besides phila.
however, i had to pay desposit to another school to hold my place until i heard back from PCOM. does anyone have any idea as to how to go about withdrawing AFTER paying deposit? i know it sounds horrible, but im from PA and had wanted really badly to go to a PA DO school....
let me know! thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

You can technically pay as many deposits as you want.....the deposit is essentially "holding your spot" while you wait for other acceptances....it may be somewhat unethical to do this....but it is common practice w/ pre-meds b/c its hard to make a decision before you know all of your options.....when you know where you want to eventually matriculate (and have ALL of your acceptances) you should send a letter/email/phone call to the dean of admissions of the school that you want to withdraw from out of courtesy.....you just lose your deposit money....

2004 Match Info:

Attachments

• pcom 2004 match p4.pdf
    29.5 KB · Views: 183
  • pcom 2004 match p3.pdf
    19.8 KB · Views: 143
  • pcom 2004 match p2.pdf
    28.7 KB · Views: 156
  • pcom 2004 match p1.pdf
    29.1 KB · Views: 145
neo3777 said:
hey guys

i am accepting to PCOM today for class of 2010! I was wondering how I could get access to the list of residencies of pats PCOM graduates just to ge tan idea of where PCOM does residencies besides phila.
however, i had to pay desposit to another school to hold my place until i heard back from PCOM. does anyone have any idea as to how to go about withdrawing AFTER paying deposit? i know it sounds horrible, but im from PA and had wanted really badly to go to a PA DO school....
let me know! thanks!!

Don't worry, just pay the deposit to hold your seat. If you cancel later, they'll just love to take your money. They won't feel bad, they'll have whole bunch of people in the waiting list. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Taus said:
You can technically pay as many deposits as you want.....the deposit is essentially "holding your spot" while you wait for other acceptances....it may be somewhat unethical to do this....but it is common practice w/ pre-meds b/c its hard to make a decision before you know all of your options.....when you know where you want to eventually matriculate (and have ALL of your acceptances) you should send a letter/email/phone call to the dean of admissions of the school that you want to withdraw from out of courtesy.....you just lose your deposit money....

2004 Match Info:

Thanks for posting this. Are there any other public match lists for PCOM?

There’s no reason to “feel bad” about holding spots at different schools!! And congrats for being able to do that!! However, as soon as you find out that you FOR SURE don’t want to go to a particular school, you should let that school know ASAP. Like the previous post said, there ARE tons of people on the waiting lists that would love to go there, and as a courtesy to your fellow future colleagues, give those people on the waitlist an opportunity to have as much time as possible to get their ducks in row (my grandma uses that phrase) :). Just a plea from a waitlister!! :D