two stories- 24mcat got in and Wash U. Interview story

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Wall$treet

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all thought id pass osme info down. talked to an MS1 today who is in a las vegas school.. im assuming the state one, didnt go into detial with her, however she got a 8, 8, 8 on mcat.. had average grades and got in first try. Kind of encouraging!
Second is a girl i know, got a perfect verbal score, total of 35 on mcat.. great grades etc, .. got interivew at wash u.. and they pay for her hotel! sounds like a good setup. anyway thought that was rather cool.. ok thats it

Members don't see this ad.

there are people who get into med school with exceptionally below-average stat, but i am sure that they have other area on their app that level up for them.

i am curious about what was in the first girl's app that made her stand out? and when she applied, how hopeful was she seeing herself getting accepted? what did her hope base on?

as to the second girl who got 35 mcat and decent gpa... what is so special about her?

if i'm not mistaken, that's not too far below the average for the las vegas school. if 9 9 9 is the average, then plenty of people with 10 10 10 and 8 8 8 are getting in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know they offer free accomdations, it says that in the letter so I don't think it was specific to that girl.

Just my 2.5 cents.

Originally posted by Bodybuilder
I know they offer free accomdations, it says that in the letter so I don't think it was specific to that girl.

Just my 2.5 cents.

Everyone? Or everyone who's applying MSTP?

Everyone who wants to stay in their dorm, Olin Hall, gets one free night.

in the letter I am reading from

"After your interview date is confirmed, you will receive a list of options for accommodations during your visit. One night's lodging will be provided free of charge.

Sincerely yours,
YadaYadaYada"

This is for the MD program. I have no idea about MD/PhD.

Regards.

Nice, I always thought the MSTP's were the only ones to get free lodging for interviews.

WashU treats their MSTP interviewees like kings... I dont think WashU pays for hotel for regular MD applicants, but they will host you for free at Olin Hall (their dorm)

As for the MSTP group, they get to stay in a lush 4 star hotel with a freakin movie theatre in the lobby, food in the fridge, 2 bedroom suite with 3 TVs and a nice living room area. The room rate is over $200 a night.

They also take you out to fancy dinners that cost at least $30 per person.