two week turnover for secondaries? Myth or Fact

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itsallgood92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I applied to around 25 schools and the secondaries are just piling up. I've submitted 15 already, but does the two week turnover really factor in? There are like 5-6 schools that I'll most likely turn in after 3-4 weeks after I got them--so will that look bad? With the pace I'm going I'm hoping to be done by the 1st of August, but it's just been super tough doing all these essays especially with a full-time job

Members don't see this ad.

A factual myth, but not a mythical fact.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think I turned a single secondary in within 2 weeks, with the exception of those that were essay-free. It's still early, you be fine.

I don't think I turned a single secondary in within 2 weeks, with the exception of those that were essay-free. It's still early, you be fine.

Awesome thank you! Just curious, when did you get yours in by?

Awesome thank you! Just curious, when did you get yours in by?

I was verified 8/13. Got secondaries starting early August. Earliest complete was late August, latest was...................................................early October. Lol. (With the exception of one school who didn't send me their secondary until January and I'm forever bitter.)

It's worth noting that of the 5 schools I was complete at by the end of the second week of September, I received IIs at 4 of them. Of the 10 schools I was complete at after that second week, I received IIs at 0 of them (with the exception of aforementioned school).

I was verified 8/13. Got secondaries starting early August. Earliest complete was late August, latest was...................................................early October. Lol. (With the exception of one school who didn't send me their secondary until January and I'm forever bitter.)

It's worth noting that of the 5 schools I was complete at by the end of the second week of September, I received IIs at 4 of them. Of the 10 schools I was complete at after that second week, I received IIs at 0 of them (with the exception of aforementioned school).
Glad to hear that you had success being complete a bit later than SDN standards. I keep telling myself that it's ok to not be complete in July.
I wonder if the schools you did secondaries for first were the ones that you had a better shot at and were more invested in, hence the II. I know I am doing the secondaries in order of decreasing importance to me. :p

Glad to hear that you had success being complete a bit later than SDN standards. I keep telling myself that it's ok to not be complete in July.
I wonder if the schools you did secondaries for first were the ones that you had a better shot at and were more invested in, hence the II. I know I am doing the secondaries in order of decreasing importance to me. :p

There's a very good chance you're correct haha.

This definitely makes me feel better! Thank you for your insight.

Reactions: 1 user