Two weeks out, finished DIT, broke into my target score...Now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amakhosidlo

Accepted
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like the title says. Just finished my DIT course yesterday. Half-way through my second pass of UW. Broke into the range I'd ideally like to hit today on NBME 11 (240+). Really wondering what the best use of the next two weeks would be.

I know the DIT guy says to go through all of FA once the week before the exam...but the week before that? I feel like "working on problem areas" is hard for me because they're small, but numerous. For example, I got dinged on the one upper extremity injury I wasn't familiar with in MSK today.

Right now I'm thinking of this for the next week:

UW: 50/day (Puts on track to have completed my second pass 2 days before the test)
Go through the DIT workbook, my notes, and Goljan's RR concurrently, split up across days based on #minutes of lecture (Not watching, just the only way I could think of to break down the material)
Kaplan Qbank, 46 on the subject I'm on that day.
With the time I have left-->Goljan Audio

Can anyone think of something I should add? Does this sound dumb?

Members don't see this ad.

I am also about two weeks out. My plan (for your comparison) is to spend next week going through all of FA (like DIT says to do in the final week) and marking everything that was an area of weakness for me: specific tables, lists of drugs that I don't know well enough (e.g. almost all the drugs), those damn biochemistry diseases that are killing me. Then in the final week, I'll cram into my short term memory everything that hasn't stuck yet, which is everything on the list I'd just made.

I don't feel like going through stuff that I know pretty well is a good use of my time during the last week. I'd rather just focus on weak areas and memorizing the details that continually escape my memory. That's why I'm getting my last-pass of FA done the week before and not bothering with Goljan or UWorld again. With those, I have to listen or read half an hour before coming across something that I (1) didn't know yet, and (2) isn't in FA.

What about doing Taus' 10 Day Method? That would help you cover everything. I think listening to Goljan for the last time is good.

I don't feel like going through stuff that I know pretty well is a good use of my time during the last week. I'd rather just focus on weak areas and memorizing the details that continually escape my memory. That's why I'm getting my last-pass of FA done the week before and not bothering with Goljan or UWorld again. With those, I have to listen or read half an hour before coming across something that I (1) didn't know yet, and (2) isn't in FA.

Damn good point.