Two weeks until my actual DAT test... Any last minute advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rbg2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I take my DAT in two weeks from today, and I am low-key freaking out. I am really working hard to get a 21 or 22, but at the moment I feel kind of stuck in the same place and hopeless, and I am not sure what I can do improve all that I can in two weeks. Here is a breakdown of what I have been doing so far, and my score progress:

I am following Ari's 10 week schedule for bootcamp, and I am on week 8. For those who don't know, it includes the Bootcamp practice tests in each subject, Bio destroyer, Gen chem destroyer, O-chem destroyer, and math destroyer. I read through the Cliff's books and made thorough notes (try to review bio flashcards every now and then), just made some o-chem flashcards and found some gen chem flash cards. I also watched all of Chad's videos in QR, gen chem and Ochem.

I am on my second time through the math, gen chem and ochem destroyers and I cannot for the life of me get more than 75% correct on my daily dose of questions. Is this okay? I know it is more difficult than the actual test, but on my second time around you would think that I would do better than that...?

My bootcamp tests are also not where I want them to be. Every day, they are something different, and I have heard that these tests are pretty similar to what the DAT actually is. For someone who has used this method of preparation, or is familiar, can you tell me what I can do to have a breakthrough and get that 21? Please let me know. Thanks!

Bio Average: 19
Gen Chem Average: 18
O-Chem Average: 18
PAT Average: 18

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone!

I take my DAT in two weeks from today, and I am low-key freaking out. I am really working hard to get a 21 or 22, but at the moment I feel kind of stuck in the same place and hopeless, and I am not sure what I can do improve all that I can in two weeks. Here is a breakdown of what I have been doing so far, and my score progress:

I am following Ari's 10 week schedule for bootcamp, and I am on week 8. For those who don't know, it includes the Bootcamp practice tests in each subject, Bio destroyer, Gen chem destroyer, O-chem destroyer, and math destroyer. I read through the Cliff's books and made thorough notes (try to review bio flashcards every now and then), just made some o-chem flashcards and found some gen chem flash cards. I also watched all of Chad's videos in QR, gen chem and Ochem.

I am on my second time through the math, gen chem and ochem destroyers and I cannot for the life of me get more than 75% correct on my daily dose of questions. Is this okay? I know it is more difficult than the actual test, but on my second time around you would think that I would do better than that...?

My bootcamp tests are also not where I want them to be. Every day, they are something different, and I have heard that these tests are pretty similar to what the DAT actually is. For someone who has used this method of preparation, or is familiar, can you tell me what I can do to have a breakthrough and get that 21? Please let me know. Thanks!

Bio Average: 19
Gen Chem Average: 18
O-Chem Average: 18
PAT Average: 18

First and foremost, don't freak out. You've studied hard and you'll do great. Go in there confident and be cognizant of the time you have in each section. Don't worry about your practice scores too much, they are practice. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I think its great that you were able to actually follow Ari's 10 week plan (I wasn't able to keep up with it so I decided to make my own schedule halfway through my studying). Definitely keep your cool and remember that your studying should pay off - I actually was going to postpone mine because I didn't feel ready for the bio section but actually ended up scoring well (23!) Good luck.

First and foremost, don't freak out. You've studied hard and you'll do great. Go in there confident and be cognizant of the time you have in each section. Don't worry about your practice scores too much, they are practice. Good luck!

my goodness, it is nice to hear that. Thank you so much! :)

I think its great that you were able to actually follow Ari's 10 week plan (I wasn't able to keep up with it so I decided to make my own schedule halfway through my studying). Definitely keep your cool and remember that your studying should pay off - I actually was going to postpone mine because I didn't feel ready for the bio section but actually ended up scoring well (23!) Good luck.

WOW, awesome! That did make me feel better. Thank you, I will try to remain calm! :p:)