General Admissions & OTCAS TWU Denton Summer 2020 Cohort! :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1024476

For those who were accepted to TWU Denton and are planning to attend in Summer 2020, feel free to use this thread to chat! Congrats and looking forward to meeting you in the summer!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
I think this was such a great thread to make! Where is everyone from / currently going for their undergraduate?

Reactions: 1 users
I love this idea!
I’m currently attending twu, graduating in May with A bachelors in child development. I’m from Dallas area (Richardson to be specific) and lived in Denton during undergrad but moved back home for the semester. So ready to be back in Denton come summer.
im so excited to meet all of you!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I grew up in Denton, but I got my undergrad at UT in 2014 (psychology and Spanish) and then finished my prereqs a couple years ago at UNT (I worked home health for little kids for a few years in between). I’m excited to start grad school!

I’m desperate to know what the curriculum is going to look like! It’s been a while since I’ve taken classes like statistics; I might need to review a bit before June. I’ve been looking at curricula at other OTD programs to maybe get an idea, but of course every program is different.

I’m currently at Minnesota State University, Mankato and will be graduating in the spring with my BS in community health and a minor in psychology. I grew up in Madison, WI though ☺️ So I’m very excited to get out of the Midwest!

It all became real today that I am really going to TWU to become an OT as I submitted my decision via the Google form they sent out...! Excited, but nervous too..I'm also itching to know what our curriculum is.

I earned my Bachelor's in Biology from UT Austin. I lived in Austin for many years and consider it home even though I grew up in Plano. Now, I live in Seattle (moved up here for husband's job) so it's interesting that we are moving back! I like the Pacific NW, but have to say Texas is deeper in my heart than I thought. :) Only visited Denton to visit a friend a few years ago so don't know much about the city.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
On apartments: I know there’s a subreddit for Denton. Maybe someone there can help. I loved that UTHSCSA gave us a list of good apartments. Maybe if we find a way to talk to a current TWU student they can give us info.

I’ve heard good things about Sequoia Village Apartments

I called THECB to ask them if they’ll give TWU final approval before the end of this week so we can see the curriculum, and they said it’s in the final stages of being approved. I told them about the deadline on the 27th, and they said they had no idea it was that soon, so they’ll try and get the approval taken care of ASAP. I know I’m going to TWU no matter what, but I imagine lots of students will want to know what the curriculum is before they make their decision!

I was just accepted to Denton this morning, hello everyone! I'm so excited to finally be doing this! It's been a loooooong road lol

Does anyone know if a follow up email will be sent saying if/when we are also accepted into the graduate school as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if a follow up email will be sent saying if/when we are also accepted into the graduate school as well?
Congrats on getting in!
They did say an official acceptance letter would arrive in the mail, but will be delayed until they can figure out what program we will be entering in (doctorate or masters)

Hey everyone!! I’m super excited to be joining y’all in June!!
Has anyone seen if there is a Facebook page yet?

Last edited:
I just made a FB page titled TWU OT Class of 2023. I forgot to add “Denton” to it, so I requested a change from FB. It might take a few days.

Name change was approved! “TWU Denton OT Class of 2023”

Hey y’all! I can’t wait to meet all of you! I’m finishing my bachelor’s at Texas A&M right now and I’m SO stinking ready for OT school!

They just sent us the courses for the OTD program! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, I can’t wait to meet all of you! I graduated this past spring with a bachelor’s in Kinesiology from Texas A&M Commerce. I was born in Austin and lived there until I moved for college. I will be looking for housing in Denton and wondered if any of you will be doing the same. If any of you are considering renting with roommates please keep me in mind. I know very little about the Denton area, so any tips would be appreciated.

Hi Everyone! Just checking in if anyone has received their letters in the mail yet? I got the curriculum approval and acceptance over email but haven't seen anything come in quite yet.

Hi Everyone! Just checking in if anyone has received their letters in the mail yet? I got the curriculum approval and acceptance over email but haven't seen anything come in quite yet.

I haven’t! What all are they supposed to be sending?

They just sent another e-mail with a checklist of other things that have to be done before classes start! :)

Hello everyone!

So I wanted to get some ideas on moving out to Denton. I'm coming from California, and I've never rented before and I'm also moving by myself. I'm also not sure when would be the best time to move, I'm thinking mid-April/early May? I don't know how long it typically takes to find somewhere to live. Maybe someone knows of a current student who made a move from out of state too? Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!

Hello everyone!

So I wanted to get some ideas on moving out to Denton. I'm coming from California, and I've never rented before and I'm also moving by myself. I'm also not sure when would be the best time to move, I'm thinking mid-April/early May? I don't know how long it typically takes to find somewhere to live. Maybe someone knows of a current student who made a move from out of state too? Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!

We are in the same boat! I am moving from out of state too. And renting, again (sigh). My plan is to be in Denton the week before our orientation starts, namely the third week of May. I don't know too much about renting in Denton either. I plan to really look at the beginning of April as I think it is too early for looking now. My husband and I are looking for a house to rent, but don't know how that will turn out. There is a lot to do before the big move day and I feel myself getting anxious when thinking about it all. Feel free to reach out to me to chat anytime. Also, if you need help with the moving once you get to Denton, let me know. We are planning to the do the move with a POD.

I haven’t! What all are they supposed to be sending?

We are supposed to get an official letter from them in the mail, but I haven't got got it nor have I heard anything from them about it.. And, I would like to get it. But, at least, we have a to do list to complete before school starts.

Has anyone found good housing options? Or have any suggestions?

Also, if anyone needs a roommate, I am available :)

We are in the same boat! I am moving from out of state too. And renting, again (sigh). My plan is to be in Denton the week before our orientation starts, namely the third week of May. I don't know too much about renting in Denton either. I plan to really look at the beginning of April as I think it is too early for looking now. My husband and I are looking for a house to rent, but don't know how that will turn out. There is a lot to do before the big move day and I feel myself getting anxious when thinking about it all. Feel free to reach out to me to chat anytime. Also, if you need help with the moving once you get to Denton, let me know. We are planning to the do the move with a POD.
Hi guys! My husband and I are also moving to Denton from out of state and are also trying to rent a house. I tried contacting some landlords last week and was told that I am looking too early. Seems like rentals go pretty quickly in the Denton area with it being a college town and all. I was told by a realtor to wait until the beginning of April to contact rentals, and even that is a bit early. We are moving the first week of May. I want to make sure I get everything all squared away before starting classes.

So excited to meet everyone!