TX Hazlewood act for Med School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raider1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any Texas Veterans on here used Hazlewood benefits to pay for medical school? I've heard from a few sources that you can, but have searched and haven't found any evidence of it being done.

Members don't see this ad.

Have any Texas Veterans on here used Hazlewood benefits to pay for medical school? I've heard from a few sources that you can, but have searched and haven't found any evidence of it being done.

I've mostly seen people use Hazlewood for undergrad and GI Bill/Voc Rehab for med school.

This is because med school is harder to get into, and you usually go where you get accepted, and in some cases, it may not be in TX. That act only covers public TX schools, thus its much easier to use that for undergrad where getting into a school is easier and where there is a little more control of where you go, and thus saving education benefits from the VA for med where that(those) can be used anywhere.

This isn't to say people haven't used it for med school. I just don't recall seeing it.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Hazlewood can be used for Medical School so long as it meets the following:
1) Texas
2) Public School

I have known just one person who very recently decided to use the Hazlewood Benefit(s) for their Medical School (They used up the GI Bill Benefits but near the end of schooling decided to make the plunge to medical school).

Man really regretting enlisting as a reservist back in the day