TX: Match or rolling???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rowdyrock

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I am still totally confused about how Texas admissions work now. I read on the TCOM website that they will still do match, but also rolling. huh? And my boss is on the ADCOM at UTSW and he told me that there is no match anymore, just rolling admissions.
Anyone understand?????
How do people feel about this? I feel that rolling is great for strong applicants but for us borderline folk, it could mean added stress!
Apologies if this has been addressed--I haven't seen it!

Members don't see this ad.

rowdyrock said:
Ok, so I am still totally confused about how Texas admissions work now. I read on the TCOM website that they will still do match, but also rolling. huh? And my boss is on the ADCOM at UTSW and he told me that there is no match anymore, just rolling admissions.
Anyone understand?????
How do people feel about this? I feel that rolling is great for strong applicants but for us borderline folk, it could mean added stress!
Apologies if this has been addressed--I haven't seen it!
Both - the way I understand it. Every school will have the option of offering places to students they wish to recruit starting Nov. 15th. If you don't get an offer from your top choice, you will log in and rank schools - even if you don't match higher than somewhere that you already have an acceptance, you keep what you already had.

Hope that makes sense.