TX RESIDENT--What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bear2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances?

Hello Folks! As a 2015 applicant, with the following qualifications, I was wondering what my chances are in getting interviews/admission into a Texas MD school?

· Asian Female

· Texas Resident/US Citizen

· Graduating undergrad in 3 yrs

· 2 Majors (University Scholars-Primary, Biology-Secondary)

· 1 Minor (Chemistry)

· cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.85, MCAT 27 (first attempt: 25)

· ECS:
-Research, honors dissertation, several leadership positions, teaching job, several volunteering, lots of shadowing

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I am an ORM, applied late, had slightly higher MCAT and gpa than you, not as much research, but worked throughout undergrad (the rest of my app was comparable to yours). Foster was the only MD school I heard back from.

Seems like we are on the same boat....but couple of questions: In what ways are we similar on the rest of the app and what does "applied late" mean in your terms?

Last edited:
Submitted secondaries on the deadline. Most of my ECs (leadership, volunteering, publication, awards, hobbies, etc) were different, but I had a comparable amount, and over a long period of time. I would like to remain as anonymous as possible, so that is the extent of how much I will share.

Early application and good essays perhaps will get you interviews at Foster, A&M and Lubbock.