MD TX Resident with huge upward trend wondering about top med schools chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jopa

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No, your record does not suggest a very good chance at T20 medical schools, even with an excellent MCAT. Asian/white male with mediocre GPA and seemingly cookie-cutter EC's is not a much longed for demographic by top medical schools. Worry about doing well enough on the MCAT to get into an MD school period.

Reactions: 1 users
No, your record does not suggest a very good chance at T20 medical schools, even with an excellent MCAT. Asian/white male with mediocre GPA and seemingly cookie-cutter EC's is not a much longed for demographic by top medical schools. Worry about doing well enough on the MCAT to get into an MD school period.

I appreciate the feedback!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you can score at least 508 on the MCAT you should be able to receive interviews at your Texas schools.

A 508 would be insufficient for most Texas MD schools. With that GPA, a 515 or higher would give me higher confidence of interviewing at a decent number of schools, and a 520 or higher would give assurance of admission. A white male friend of mine struck out 2 prior cycles with a 3.8/506-equivalent. He is reapplying this cycle with a 517 and has only received 2 interviews thus far.