Type or Print?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fooman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question..

I've received several secondary applications. Most say to "type or print".

I write very neatly, so is there any harm in printing? I don't have access to a typewriter.
I don't want the admissions board to overlook my application because everyone typed theirs while I handwritten mine. Plus, some applications have so little room for me to type anything significant.

-ben

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah printing is fine !!! Or you can type using a printer (small font)and then carefully paste the printed answers onto the secondary. Most schools dont really care, as long as the appliaction is neat and legible.

Either print it out and paste as the poster above usggested OR pay to have them professionally typed. some schools, call them to ask, are fine if you simply type their questions and your answers onto a separate document and send it in with the orginal attached...most are not fond of this.

What ever you do...don't hand write!!! It looks unprofessional and will most likely not earn you any brownie points.

Members don't see this ad :)
I typed all of my secondaries (most you could print out off of the computer for the essay parts), except for LECOM, which I hand wrote, as it was a thick packet that wouldn't fit in my word processor. I got interviewed and accepted at all schools, so.... it's the content that really matters, but you should definitely type it if possible- just be sure to photocopy the applications and do lots of practice runs to line up the paper correctly. Best of luck! :)

I printed all mine and still got interviews. But i do agree that it looks a little better to type it. Just try to make it look as nice as possible. good luck!

I hand wrote all my secondaries, except for the questions that required more space than given. Those questions I typed out the answers on a separate sheet and sent them with the completed secondary. I went to three interviews, AZCOM, CCOM, and KCOM and was accepted at all three places. My handwriting, while not terrible, is certainly not the best but I did take my time filling out the apps. Like one other poster said, I think it is more about the content of the app than anything else, but if you are going to hand write definitely DO IT NEATLY. Hope this helped. Take care...

dont be a lazy ass....just type it. it shows that u've put in time to make it look more professional... it CAN make a difference. PCOM was the only school where i PRINTED on my secondary. I have yet to hear from them
...even though i got into CCOM.