Types of Dental Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heyyah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is for anyone in dental school right now. Do you notice any/several/alot of non-traditional students in your school? (Students who had a job or a few or many years or a family or other things in life and then decided to go back to dentistry.) What types of students are in your school? Are the majority 22 year olds right out of college? Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

We don't have many 22 year olds in our program. Our average age is 26, and we have several non-traditional types who are pursuing dentistry after other careers and hobbies. Although the average age is 26, I would say that the average student is coming to dental school right out of college.

I've only met about 13-14 of the people who are going to be in my class so far. One of them is a 30 year old guy from Utah married with a daughter, and I heard there is another guy in his mid thirties.

I was 22 when I started dental school. Also I quickly became friends and lab buddies w/ another non-traditional student (20+ years my age). I really don't think it matters all that much. Having everything the same is BORNING!!

~~~~~grrr arggg BOARDS ARE COMING :scared: ~~~~~~