types of jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicinehopeful

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all,
i apologize in advance if this topic has already been brought up. but i cant find info. i'm wondering what the lifestyle of GI docs is along with compensation. how often is call? how busy is call? how often is clinic vs procedure days? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

also - how easy or hard is it to find a job after fellowship?

I'm also interested in how the lifestyle is for GI in GENERAL. I know some work really really hard like card docs, but then some keep it chill. Then again, that's all hearsay. I only was able to experience a few weeks of it as an intern, and I ended up really liking it.

I was hoping to get a better idea of how it is for practicing folks around the country outside of academics. Words from those who are "money machines" and those who keep things scaled back to enjoy life outside of your work are appreciated.

Particularly, are the calls bad for you guys out there? How frequent? Also on a side note, what is the average malpractice GI guys/gals pay per year?