Typical April mcat Raw score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OrGoMan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think it is for april? I know its diff for every sitting, but I mean the usual. Like how many wrong can you get in Ps, Verbal, and BS to get a 10?

Members don't see this ad.

All I can tell you is what it was like for the Kaplan full-lengths: the grading scale is easiest for PS, middling for BS, and hardest for VR. You drop very fast on VR, and you can get ~10 wrong and still have a 13-14 in PS.

OrGoMan said:
What do you guys think it is for april? I know its diff for every sitting, but I mean the usual. Like how many wrong can you get in Ps, Verbal, and BS to get a 10?

There is no way to know this, as even every individual test form has its own scale. Try to focus on improving your test-taking ability as much as you can between now and April, rather than worrying about how many questions you are "allowed" to miss to still score a 10.

10 wrong? I dont know about that, seems alittle lenient. The practice books always give the scale for ps, for example, about 3-6 wrong for a 13. Anyone else have a better interpretation?

Members don't see this ad :)
ive only taken kaplan test. sofar it seems like

P: 47/77 ~ 10
V: 51/60 ~ 10
B: 57/77 ~ 10

9 wrong on verbal, and u get a 10???? that is terrible. i thought it was like 15 wrong for a 10

It is completely variable. Every section of every test has an experimental passage which is not graded. So you could get 7 questions wrong and still get a 15. Forget about trying to figure out how many you can get wrong and still get a ___.