typing on secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XRanger

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
there's some secondaries that don't allow you to edit the pdf file and some of them allow you to edit but doesn't allow you to save the edited version. So for these kinds of secondaries, how are we suppose to type it?

after searching previous threads, it seems like the solutions are to buy the retail copy of adobe acrobat, which costs hundreds, use a typewriter, or type it on a word document and print it on a secondary paper and pray everything aligns.

there must be an easier way to do this. I don't have a typewriter and i'm thinking of buying adobe acrobat but I don't wanna shell out hundreds of dollars for something that I'll use for a short period of time and never use it again. So is there any other alternative solution to this?

for those who don't have typewriters, how are you guys doing this?

Members don't see this ad.

for those who don't have typewriters, how are you guys doing this?

lol typewriter! ever consider using a pen? also for the pdfs that aren't saveable why not just put in the info and print it. you could type essays etc in a word processor then paste it into the pdf, if you want a copy of those essays saved.

Hello there,

I would suggest FoxIt Reader, since it is a free pdf reader that also allows you to edit and type of pdf's! As a bonus it takes up less resources than adobe acrobat.

- theJARB

Rather than using a typewriter (that I would have to go to the library to use), I bought sticky-backed paper at Office Depot, printed out the essays, and adhered the copies to the secondary. I printed them on regular paper first to be sure they would fit in the alloted spaces.