Typo in aacomas activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Potatoman1800

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So most of my DO apps have been submitted to their respective schools. While filling one out today I needed to look at that pdf you can see on the AACOMAS site that lists pretty much everything you put down on the application. I wanted the date of some volunteer work I've been doing. I happened to see that I put my clinical volunteering work as starting in Jan of 2008 as opposed to 2009!! It like a years worth of a lie!

My supplementals have the correct info, but I am nervous that this discrepancy is going to mess me up :scared:. Should I contact each school that I already submitted to? What about stating that mistake in the "extra" info box if there is one?

Members don't see this ad.

Just send a quick email letting them know that there's an error and you should be fine. Mistakes happen.

(sorry, I'm too nice and tired to snark at you right now)

So most of my DO apps have been submitted to their respective schools. While filling one out today I needed to look at that pdf you can see on the AACOMAS site that lists pretty much everything you put down on the application. I wanted the date of some volunteer work I've been doing. I happened to see that I put my clinical volunteering work as starting in Jan of 2008 as opposed to 2009!! It like a years worth of a lie!

My supplementals have the correct info, but I am nervous that this discrepancy is going to mess me up :scared:. Should I contact each school that I already submitted to? What about stating that mistake in the "extra" info box if there is one?

I would not get too worked up about it, but I would let them know because that is a rather large discrepancy. But I had a similar typo on my application due to copy and pasting from the previous years app.. It made it look like I was working a full time job and doing independent research at the same time, when in fact I had done the research in the previous year, stopped, and went on to another job (less impressive). During my interview they asked me about it and I just told them I had made a mistake and apologized....they accepted me so I guess it was not the end of the world. Although I wish I would have caught the mistkake prior to the interview so I wouldnt have had to explain it to my interviewers. I also spelled a word wrong :), I dont know if they saw that though.

Members don't see this ad :)

There was a discrepancy in my application as well. I contacted AACOMAS to correct to error and they were very nice about fixing it. They transmitted the updated version the following day.

Don't get too stressed about it.

Good luck!

I just noticed a similar thing in my verified (already sent to schools) application. In the awards section I list the date I received an award correctly, but in the EC section (where I explain this award) I noticed I put Dec 2013 instead of Dec 2012. I have already fixed it in AACOMAS, but seeing as the schools have my application now, would I need to contact them for this tiny error? Or can i just let it ride?

I think you can edit the finished aacomas application, resubmit it. and the school will get updated application when they upload new applications.

However, inform the schools that you have updated aacomas application, and make sure they get the most updated one is very suggested.