typo in AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rratsa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my application and in two of my activities there are random characters such as "&#7R" in the middle of the sentence. I combed over this application 3 times to make sure everything looked good and to catch things like this.

I'm not entirely sure how they got in there. I'm assuming from copying and pasting from word, although they weren't in there when I read over the text in AMCAS before hitting submit.

I was just wondering if schools are going to look down on me for this? As if I didn't take the time to proofread my app. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

You're doomed. DOOMED!

You're not doomed. Are you seeing this in the HTML or PDF version, or both? It won't be an issue either way, but I'd guess that you're seeing it only in the HTML version, in which case it really won't matter because that's not what medical schools see.

You wouldn't have caught those, they're HTML. They tell the page where you put line breaks, colons, etc.

Go click on "print application" and select PDF. I'll bet you $5 everything looks exactly how you copy/pasted it.

Members don't see this ad :)
So now that I'm looking again it's not on the PDF version or the HTML it's only on the online AMCAS application when I went back to click through each section.... So I am officially freaking out for no reason...

haha exactly. my heart rate's back to normal. Thanks!

For those freaking out about typos, I had 2 major typos in my secondaries (one spelled Ophthalmology incorrectly). Got admitted anyway, and start in a couple of months. Not the end of the world, but caused me major heartburn when it was pointed out to me after the fact (but not by the school). Try not to have typos, grammatical errors, but not the end of the world if they slip through.