Typo in Verified Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jrockit24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a typo in my verified application, I just found it today after reading it over, almost one month after submitting.

I have 'After earning about..." when it should be "After learning about..."

Do you think it will make a difference? Is there anyone who has had first-hand experience with something like this?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

So I have a typo in my verified application, I just found it today after reading it over, almost one month after submitting.

Do you think it will make a difference? Is there anyone who has had first-hand experience with something like this?

Thank you
Let it go. I'm probably about to read it, and I'm already letting it go...

Reactions: 7 users

Thank you

Even if it does, what's done is done. I'm assuming they'll at least try to interpret the context, but if they don't I doubt it'll be a big deal.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thank you

Ever wonder what life is like in the Caribbean?

Reactions: 2 users
no worries it happens, not the end of the world. try to be more careful with secondaries.

Reactions: 1 user
There should be a sticky on this forum, preferably written by adcom, telling new applicants not to worry about little bumps and potholes along the long and winding road of med school application.

I had found a typo in my application that I was worried about when I applied, but it didn't interfere with my acceptances. Don't worry about it!

Reactions: 1 user
This reminds me of a friend who wrote "poop" instead of "poor" in one of his secondary essays.

Surprisingly he got an interview, although it was followed by a post-interview rejection (to be fair his numbers were well below the school's average)

Reactions: 1 users
Take the advice of the wise people on here and do not go back to your application. There is no changing it so there is no sense in freaking yourself out.

Thank you for the light-hearted jokes and support, much appreciated during this time.

It's a known fact that doctors' handwriting takes some 7000 lives annually in the US.

I was stressing the same thing.. I had a typo in my fourth sentnece. BUT then I read the supplemental application form they sent to me and THEY had a typo. I know that doesn't do anything to mend my application... but somehow it makes me feel better.