Typo on a DATE in my AMCAS (for my study abroad program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I accidentally wrote Sept 2007-Dec 2007 instead of Sept 2006-Dec2006 for my quarter that I spent abroad. It was the 2006-2007 school year, so it felt like "2007" :(

Anyway, I doubt schools will even really notice. On my coursework section the classes I took while abroad are listed under Fall 2006. However, this obviously doesn't match with my "15 activities" section where I listed it as 2007.

Is it worth it to send an addendum to each school when I send in the secondary application explaining that I put the wrong year on the AMCAS for this one activity?

I list a bunch of other on-campus activities that happen during fall 2007, so I obviously couldn't be abroad at the same time.

It wouldn't be too much trouble on my part to mail in an addendum, and I'd rather explain it than have them be confused about why the dates don't match. But, is it just a waste of effort if they don't really notice that kind of thing anyway?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry about it. Your transcript will probably clarify the correct dates, and if not, if it's questioned, then explain it. No biggy, as the length of time involved was the same.

Don't worry. All of the dates on my coursework were off by half a year because I'm an idiot, but it wasn't an issue.

Man, the more I think about it, the more I realized that I bungled the hell out of my AMCAS, No wonder I got rejected all over the place. :laugh:

I wouldn't send it. If anyone is really curious about it, they'll ask. I doubt anyone will even notice, and I think it probably looks worse if you call attention to the problem than if you just let it go.