Typos/Errors on the Decks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wireless_doc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed a minor error on a card. I browsed through their website but the error is not listed. Does anyone else notice error/typos on the decks? If so, please post.

2006-07 Decks: Dental Anatomy and Occlusion (Eruption)
At age of 11 months, according to the card, there are mandibular, maxillary central, lateral incisors and first molars.
There shouldn't be first molars. First molars erupt between 12-16 month.

Members don't see this ad.

On one card it says "purely mucous". On another one it's listed under "Mixed". From my blurry memory, I thought it was mucous; the submandibular gland is mixed; and parotid gland is serous. Can anyone please confirm? Thanks.

This is my understanding of salivary glands, and I am almost certain it is correct:

-Parotid: purely serous

-Submandibular: mixed serous/mucous, but *mostly* serous (80/20 split)

-Sublingual: mixed serous/mucous, but *mostly* mucous (an 80/20 split like the submandibular gland, but this time in favor of mucous rather than serous acini)

-Minor (palatal, labial, buccal, lingual): purely mucous (2 exceptions: the purely serous Von Ebner's glands of the posterodorsal tongue, and the mixed/predominantly mucous anteroventral lingual glands of Blandin/Nuhn)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was taught the breakdown above & confirmed it myself after being confused by that same deck error you mentioned.

They label the hyoglossus mylohyoid.

As for the sublingual gland, I notice that it's mentioned several times in other cards as mixed.