MD & DO Typos on my personal statement - already submitted to programs - am I screwed??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeurologyHopeful2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just realized AFTER I submitted my final personal statement to various programs that I missed a few typos in my personal statement. They are as follows:

"it is a purely a neurological condition" - had an extra "a"
"new findings that has not been previously reported" - should be that *HAVE* not been previously reported..
"compared Alzheimer disease" - missed "TO" Alzheimer disease

I am now severely kicking myself - I read my PS over 10 times these past few days and didn't catch it until NOW after I submitted it. Am I screwed?????

Members don't see this ad.

Just go back in before tomorrow at 9am and fix it and then reassign.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, and as far as i know the PDs wont know how many times you go back in and edit it either.

You can straight edit it and then just reassign it

I just realized AFTER I submitted my final personal statement to various programs that I missed a few typos in my personal statement. They are as follows:

"it is a purely a neurological condition" - had an extra "a"
"new findings that has not been previously reported" - should be that *HAVE* not been previously reported..
"compared Alzheimer disease" - missed "TO" Alzheimer disease

I am now severely kicking myself - I read my PS over 10 times these past few days and didn't catch it until NOW after I submitted it. Am I screwed?????
Hey I posted something similar in the ERAS forum. I don't think we have to actually reassign it. Since they have not been downloaded by the programs yet, you can just update it and it should automatically update it for all the programs