U at Buffalo-Class of 2007! Official thread!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DZT

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I sent all my paperwork and am going to SUNY UB Med School in the fall. If anyone else is going to SUNY UB, please respond or sent me an PM and if any current UB students, come out of the woodwork.

DZT

Members don't see this ad.

Is anybody going to the housing weekend on the 19th; housing looks as cheap as hell in Buffalo.

DOES ANYBODY HEAR ME!!!+pissed+

CMON, NO ONE'S GOING TO UB Med!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi DZT

i'm a soon to be 2nd year at UB Med. lots of people go to housing weekend, even if they've already got housing. it's a great time to meet a lot of your future classmates. 2nd years will be there to greet you guys and help out with any questions. i definately recommend that you live in the city. the med campus is in the suburbs but mostly all the students live downtown and that's where we all hang out too. let me know if you have any questions. i'd be glad to help out.

hey, i'm in at UB too and was gonna go to housing day...there's not that much detail in the paperwork i received, so is there an official time that things begin?

what kinda stuff goes on anyway?

Good News Guys.

Right now I'm working on creating an Oreintation website with the Orientation Committee and our fabulous Webmaster Jenny.

I hope we include all the things you guys need to prepare for first day of orientation.

Kim Traux tells me that see can have the offical handbook posted by 1-2 weeks before orientation.

The handbook will help you with everything.

Plus the best part.

the website will have the same forum set up like this website.

so you can talk to your classmates before you get there.

AK

I'll be going to UB this fall. I just found an apartment in Amherst, I'd rather not be in the city. Anyways, I'll still be going to the housing weekend. Anyone else out there going?

Hey All,
My name is Diana and I'm going to be at housing weekend too. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone, and hopefully finding a roommate. Nishant, good idea setting up this forum!

all right, I'm off to the bahamas before the craziness begins! Enjoy the summer!
Diana Marie Petersen

When where you guys told oREINTATION BEGINS

Somebody said that it was the 11th of AUg . I thought it was the 19th of Aug

I hope it doesn't start that early because I'm going to be is Palm Springs playing a little golf after my Betty Ford Internship.

I know we start the 14th.

Plus I helping with the AMA ans AMSA club fair.

So far I know 10 you guys going to UB. If you know anybody else tell them to start talking on this website

AK

Albany Med had a great idea of putting personal profiles of matriculating students. My friend who is going there in the fall was showing it to me. Hopefully, we all can get better acquainted this way.

My name is Nishant Bhatt (that's a guy's name) and I graduated from Union College in Scenectady, NY in 2003; I recieved my major in English and minors in Biology and Chemistry. Currently, I'm doing immunological research at Albany Medical College. What else...as an undergraduate, I played rugby and served as a Big Brother and a hospice volunteer. I also had the unique opportunity to study foreign health systems in London, Amsterdam and Budapest as an undergrad as well as write and direct plays.

That's my story in a nutshell. Please everybody, don't be shy. :clap:

I'll be starting Buff in August too. I'll be at housing weekend cause I need to find a place to live and people to live with. Um... yeah that's it, just thought this thread could use a bump to the top of the page.

Hi future Doctors!

My name is Jen Rojek and I will also be attending UB Med in the fall; I am super excited about starting. I am a native of Buffalo, so I tend to exude the "Buffalo pride" that many others talk about. I will probably be commuting to school for the first year, but I will still be present at the Housing activity on the 19th. (It's kind of funny that the social event is being held at Jack Astor's because that is where I work!) I look forward to meeting everyone!

Jen

p.s. snaps to Nishant for starting this forum!

Hey guys! I hope to see you all at Jack Astor's--It will be fun and we'll probably end up going out afterwards too.

Orientation starts Aug. 11th. Classes start Aug 14th. White coat ceremony is Aug. 15th.

See you soon!

Molly
MS II