U Chicago Interview/Accepance Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Burtland

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All-
For those that interviewed at Pritzker, how long after your interviews did you hear back? Please let me know when you interviewed and then when you got a reply.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed Dec 3rd or thereabouts.
and got accepted something like TEN weeks later.
(they told me 4-6 weeks)

interviewed late september, they said it'd be 4 weeks max and it was. Most of the people I've talked to too 4-6 weeks. Good luck, I'll be at pritzker next year, hope to see you there.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by coop:
•Good luck, I'll be at pritzker next year, hope to see you there.•••••coop,
I thought you got accepted to UCSF...are you going to Pritzker becuase your girlfriend got in there too?

BTW, I heard back exactly 6 weeks later.

got the "100-person-only, we promise" waitlist letter 6 weeks post-interview. So even if you get waitlisted and you indeed want to go to Chicago, you got a good chance.

Just wrote my student host today for advice about how to get pulled off the waitlist, specifically what to write in the letter and who to address it to and here's what he had to dish out:

Wow, i honestly thought you were a shoo-in to get in here. Well, that's cool that you're on the waitlist, i'm sure you'll get in. I'm sure you like florida b/c of the weather and proximity, but just from by own biased opinion, i honestly think chicago is the best school on your list. Anyways, I will ask around about the letter, and what people wrote. If i get any usable info, i'll definitely pass it down. One thing i'll definitely do is catch lombard and ask him what would be best. He's the man when it comes to admissions, but i don't know who you're actually supposed to address it to. Anyways, enjoy florida weather, because today is the coldest it's been all year in chicago. We just had a snowstorm. It's not so bad though. I'll be in touch.

Anbody else have any info. on how long it takes U Chicago to respond after the interview?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by gel1:
• •••quote:•••Originally posted by coop:
•Good luck, I'll be at pritzker next year, hope to see you there.•••••coop,
I thought you got accepted to UCSF...are you going to Pritzker becuase your girlfriend got in there too?

BTW, I heard back exactly 6 weeks later.•••••gel1,
my girlfriend still hasn't heard either way from SF, but we both liked chicago as a school/curriculum a lot better. SF obviously has the money factor, but when you are looking at combining finances with an out of stater whose gonna get close to a full ride on financial aid, the money factor comes out about even. Even if it didn't I wouldn't take a school i liked less just cause it's cheaper, even if it is UCSF. :)

I interviewed at a lot of higher ranked places, but in terms of environment/curriculum/school philosophies/the way I learn/the type of doctor I want to be, I think pritzker is the best medical school for me. I'm happy to talk to anyone else about pritzker and the reasons I love it. good luck to everyone waiting to hear.

I GOT ACCEPTED TO UCHICAGO TODAY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?
I'M SO PYSCHED!
What did you guys think about the school? Do you think there's too much lecture time?
I know it's silly to look at US News and World Report, but is there a better way to gauge a school's reputation?
What did you guys like about the school?
Hopefully, I'll be seeing some of you guys there in two years (I want to defer for a year). :)
Later everyone.