U. Chicago "on hold?!"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbadoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I wake up this morning and get an email from University of Chicago saying that I was placed on hold for a second review, that they will be waiting to receive/review more applicants before they make a decision on my app.

What does this mean?!?! Not sure how to feel about this....Does anyone have any personal experience about the "on hold" status and whether or not this is overall good or bad?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I got that same email a week or so ago. I was disappointed because I would love to live in Chicago and I love the school, but on the bright side....at least it's not a rejection. I don't know what the odds are for people in this group eventually getting interviews. I guess the only thing to do is to update them on your classes/activities and maybe write a letter if it is one of your favorite schools.

I was wondering when you guys turned in your secondary.. i completed my secondary on august 30th and still have not heard from them. I knoe someone who copmpleted a month after me who already heard (on hold also)... should i call them??

I was also put on hold. I think I was complete in late Sept to early Oct. I got put on hold mid Nov.

Chicago is a killer school; I'd love to go there, too. I'll see what happens.