U. Chicago: What did you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

passlineandodds

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone interview at U. Chicago yesterday? What did you think? There were a couple of red flags that caught my attention. I was put off by the fact that there were not too many residents around to talk with about the program. When I did encounter residents, they did not seem too enthusiastic about the place. I know they have a great reputation, especially for surg onc, but the department did not seem to do a lot in terms of selling the program. I was really disappointed when one of my interviewers could not answer some basic questions about the program. What made this especially frustrating was that I had to ask basic questions because they had little information available on their website. I did not see too many U. Chicago students interviewing there. When I did encounter one and asked him what he thought of the place, all he could say was that he liked the medical school a lot. Finally, I was surprised to learn that they do not have accredited fellowships in CT and peds surg. At this point, I am seriously considering not ranking U. Chicago. Anyone else feel the same way or am I way off base in my assessment?

Members don't see this ad.